• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

ctmustang

Wandering if there are any rims available for cucv that are 16.5 so you could run hummer tires. You would definately have to do some lifting. Just a thought there are so many hummer tires on the market cheap. I bet it would look pretty cool.:-D

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yo, ho ho..... an M275!!! Looks pretty darn clean. I don't see a winch on the front, but I see a PTO lever??

What's up with that truck? More please.

HOWEY

Irish m1009

Heres my old girl located in county kildare, ireland....
Treated her to a full suspension overhaul courtesy of rough country products, and some 33" bridgestone tyres....

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aha, another USMC marked M1009!
Did you base yours on specific vehicles or general Marine markings? I have been trying to find some pictures of Marine CUCV's but with no luck other than one M1008.

Mine is ugly and will be repainted in the near future. The high visibility door markings will not be on the new scheme.

Failte romhat go Steel Soldiers. Slainte!

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
No more pics as its gone, I sold it about 4-5 years ago to a guy up the hill from me.

I originally bought it from Brad when he lived in San Pedro some 10 to 15 years ago, then picked it up from him at westside NGRR.

It had a PTO and I was in the process of putting a 5 ton winch with the Level winder on it when I popped 2 discs in my back.

After that I have never been the same and well the larger hardware and ordinance has been sitting collecting dust.

I didnt mean to tease but found these pics from the past when looking for the pics of my 5 ton tractor and the CUCV pics.

Yo, ho ho..... an M275!!! Looks pretty darn clean. I don't see a winch on the front, but I see a PTO lever??

What's up with that truck? More please.

HOWEY

Aha, another USMC marked M1009!
Did you base yours on specific vehicles or general Marine markings? I have been trying to find some pictures of Marine CUCV's but with no luck other than one M1008.

Mine is ugly and will be repainted in the near future. The high visibility door markings will not be on the new scheme.

Failte romhat go Steel Soldiers. Slainte!

Cheers
Hey Rory, the markings were on her when i bought her, its true i find it hard also to find usmc blazer pics on the net, can anyone help????
She has great presence on the roads over here especially beside the local japanese suvs.... Thanks for the irish welcome:-D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can imagine the presence. Last trip home (August) I saw a Suburban on the road between Cleggan and Clifden, it looked like a bus!

Once I repaint, the markings on mine will be pretty much the same as yours rather than the high visibility admin type I have now (the white door panels are reflective material and veritably GLOW at night).

Cheers

Pawnshop

I feel your pain, literally... I will be needing a new hip soon in my throttle leg and it is hard to find a position that is comfortable to drive my Deuce, and I can't do it for long periods. I had to cut the back off of my box seat to allow it to happen at all. SOMEDAY I will have to go CUCV only as well, but it's STILL GREEN and no less military!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks