• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$575 to Title

kevinaj

It was a private sale. I was told by the seller there were a maximum number of SF97s an individual could request and he had already hit his quota... I can't speak to the truth of that statement. He did however, promise me that I would be able to obtain a title through ITS for $200ish (I later found out what it would really cost) He was willing to work with me to get everything taken care of and went the extra mile to help out a MV newbie so I was inclined to believe this, and bought the truck from him.

waayfast

Depends on the state as to what "program" they have in place (I.E. what options are available) for getting a title for an orphan.
Idaho has tightened up on getting titles issued for vehicles that don't have paperwork.The M35s (now) are so plentiful that if you run across one with title problems-just move on--plenty of others that don't.BUT on something more rare sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do--spend the time and the money to do what ever it takes to get that title because the old stuff is getting harder to find -more rare.
I found a very nice Studebaker US6 about 30min away from the house.No rust-straight sheet metal and the original engine was totally complete.Was on a piece of property a fella from out of state had purchased and he just wanted it gone.No title of course.After talking with the Idaho DMV head office in Boise the beauracrat just about couldn't contain his pride that to get a title for this truck was going to be just about impossible.
Having a yard full of projects already,I decided to wait before taking on what I thought was going to be a long battle.Well,I waited too long and it went away.Wish now I would not have let the DMV guy spook me out of going for it.If anyone here has purchased a $1.00 screwdriver from Wallyworld lately-you probly own a piece of that truck!

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is an easier way to get your title here in MD. pm me and I will tell you what to do. I do not want the site "outhouse lawyers" that who do not live in the Peoples Republic Of Maryland" lecturing me. I can help you out on this. The lesson to be learned is get a title in hand before you show the green...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks