• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce & 1/2 Gun Trucks

Driver523

Thanks Ed----I hope it helps anyone that is thinking about or wants to build a deuce gun truck, thats one reason that I post so many shots of the same truck, when I can I will be posting W-4 officer Larry Lofts photos and many are the same truck, I will and have posted photos of what just looks like someone in a truck but it will show the inside, what it looked like between the armor, if it was double walled, what was hung on the walls, that kinda thing, unfortunatly most my gun truck photos are 5 tons, unfortunatly for those that want deuce photos that is, for me I have been blessed with meeting many vets and having many Friends and that has led to thousands of photos from their albums of VietNam and Iraq----Nuff babble---Right now here is a few shots from Roy Tiptons album, "Pretty Little Deuces all in a row"------------Driver

Attachments

Driver523

There's a 5 ton in there 73m-----always one booger around I guess----As far as armor goes I'm not sure just what we used in Nam, If I had to guess I'd say at least 3/8ths or so---some of the replicas use 1/4 to 3/8ths but weight is fuel----Driver

Driver523

Well gang I think this about all the deuce gun truck photos I have----if I run across any more I'll sure get em up here for ya---But these photos are from the album of W-4 Larry Lofts, He was on Highland Raiders in Nam and later was in OIF with the 1073rd and had some Livermore boxes one of which is the Ace of Spades that is now at Fort Eustis Transportation Museum, Larry is a great guy and true patriot---------Driver

Attachments

sierra117

My friends father served in the military working in the motor pool he survived running over a land mine in a deuce said he put sand bags on the floor

sandcobra164

Getting ready to try and start my GT from my formerly peaceful Deuce. Thanks for the pics. I'd like to copy "Duce is Wild" with one exception. My wife want's stars on the hood and doors and we'll work through that issue as my truck comes together. I would like to be able to cover the back of the truck though. Perhaps I can figure out a way to make a gun box that can still be covered by the standard uprights, bows, and canvas for the off season. If anyone has more photos' of "Duce is Wild", I'd love to look at them to try and make my replica as accurate as possible. Then I can drive it to an undisclosed location, park it along side the Imperial First Sergeant's truck and they can ride together.

historyfanatics

Have Gun Will Travel has a roof

Getting ready to try and start my GT from my formerly peaceful Deuce. Thanks for the pics. I'd like to copy "Duce is Wild" with one exception. My wife want's stars on the hood and doors and we'll work through that issue as my truck comes together. I would like to be able to cover the back of the truck though. Perhaps I can figure out a way to make a gun box that can still be covered by the standard uprights, bows, and canvas for the off season. If anyone has more photos' of "Duce is Wild", I'd love to look at them to try and make my replica as accurate as possible. Then I can drive it to an undisclosed location, park it along side the Imperial First Sergeant's truck and they can ride together.
You might check out Ed hall's Gun Truck "Have Gun, Will Travel." He has attached bows to his box so he has sun protection, and can roll the sides down.

m816

I have side supports and bows on the Untouchable. I prefer to run covered because I am a one man show and it takes a lot of work to keep everything in the box clean and oiled. I been caught in rain before and it takes hours and hours to get things back in shape. I used the uprights from a set of troop seats and extended the sides so the bows fit above the gun mounts. When the bows are assembled the cover protects the graphics on the sides also. The cover is a little short on the sides but still does the job:grd:

Vintage iron

I am planning on using a cover on my Gun Truck too. I drive my truck a lot and don't want to freak people out. The truck turns enough heads as is. I want to cover the truck name when driving around town too!

brothergrimm

Sorry for the bump on an old thread. That being said, this is an excellent collection of stories and pictures you all have compiled here. It actually helped me identify which company my Father was in while he was over there, so thank you for that. I knew he was 8th Transportation Group, 124th BN, but wasn't sure which company until I came across some of these photos. He drove Deuces Wild in '70, possibly late '69.

Attached a photo of him (pictured leaning) and the truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks