• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newish from Delhi, Ohio

hmanjr

Hi, long time lurker. I thought I'd registered years ago, but from the info in the sig section of my first post it wasn't until March of this year. Thought I'd posted some but nope never posted either.

I was bidding on a couple of the deuces in Frankfort hoping to bring at least one home but didn't have that much to spend. Now am saving up and hoping they start releasing them again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to another buckeye! Keep your ears to the rails, the pop up! Haha, I used to vacation yearly in your neck of the woods, Cleves OH for Gravelrama.

hmanjr

Thanks. :) Was in the Ohio Guard when I was younger and drove a jeep one drill weekend. First time I'd ever driven a stick but we were short people. They wanted me to get my license for it the next time we did training. Got the jeep and hmmv then. Almost got the deuce added but the testing was done at the shadybrook armory and there was a lot of local traffic that day for some reason. With my limited stick driving they didn't want to chance me running over someone or something. Drove the hmmv up to Michigan and back a couple of years for summer camp.

I have a little experience driving mil type vehicles, but nothing to brag about.

A neighbor around the corner from me recently bought a cucv diesel blazer and it's gotten me stoked up a bit to own my own. He starts it up everymorning about the same time I go outside to smoke my first cig and drink the first cup of coffee in the morning before going to work. ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ grumble, grumble, grumble.

bugwugger

Indeed Welcome! This site is FULL of information! I own a collectors Toyota Supra and take part in the Supra forums which doesnt have shic on this site. It seems to me that SteelSoldiers has the best, accurate information on MV's. With the least amount of useless posts. Im a member for life now! Im glad that you are 40 min form me. Might need you soon for soon to help me load out.

hmanjr

I'd be happy to help if I'm able to. Send me a pm if or when you're ready.

I still have one of those "one of these days notions" rather than an actual vehicle to drive around. I'm seeing some vehicles in craigslists occasionally at a decent enough price. I'm thinking it'd be easier to get one of those for a first vehicle since it's already licensed and on the road.

hmanjr

Welcome to ss, and good luck, remember you will not get just one!
Thanks. :)

I think I'd be more right than wrong if I said that there was a lot of people that collect old iron riding on rubber (vehicles) that also collect old iron nestled in wood (curio and relic firearms).

Get over that initial hurdle of accepting that you can own something that's not sold at Ikea or of allowing yourself to be different and you start doing all kinds of crazy things to save up your pennies to get just one more or to fill a previously unknown need.

I have a lot of rifles that once I started I had to have another then a copy because they'll never be that cheap again, I'll eventually wear one out and wanted a replacement, or it's cheaper to buy parts all put together than separately.

augiedoggy

Welcome from the east side of cincy, I myself am looking for an mv and still trying to justify it to the mrs. Lots of great folks on here. Had the pleasure of meeting some at the haspin rally this year and ..... oh yeah.... had an adveturous ride with gimp too! (which ended with an under chassis inspection):driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks