• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from fort bragg

cbr600rx7

Hello every one i have been at bragg for a little over 3 years now and finaly found a M1008 in good condition after a long search. I have some mild plans for this old girl in the next year i would like to swap in a 700R and a banks turbo kit to bring some life back into this baby. For now i am working on just small things like new gaskets, new tires, guages, etc.

I am working on a search now trying to find some info about tires. I would like to go up to 35s but dont know how much lift the truck will need. I know 33s should clear with no problem but if i am going to spend 700 bucks on tires i figure i might as well get the one's i want :-D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site. 35"s will fit with stock springs if you don't mind trimming the front fender lips. Otherwise, I think 1008's look great with a 4" lift and 35"s. The 700R4 and taller tires will definitely help your RPM's on the highway and the turbo kit will give it some extra grunt for towing or climbing mountain passes. Sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted.

cbr600rx7

Thanks for all the replys.

I have been with the 18th abn for a little over 3 years.

How much trimming is needed on the fronts and would a 2 inch body lift get the job done?

Also i have a 12000lb winch off of a old 1097 that i have been thinking about trying to mount in a clean position. Any ideas?

cbr600rx7

Thanks once again for the warm welcome. I have been lurking around here for a few months now just never posted. It took me about a year to find a M1008 that wasnt a POS or way over priced. I will post up pics when i have a chance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks