• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever have this fuel issue?

06streetrod

My M1009 is running like a champ, but only when the tank is topped off. I can get a good 30 mins of driving time, then it dies due to no more fuel being sent to the eng.

I top off the tank(about 1 gal worth), bleed the filter and lines, then it's good to go for another 30 mins.

I'm assuming it's something in the tank...fuel not being picked up correctly. Just wondering if anybody else has come across this and had any tips on what to look for.

4bogginchevys

first thing to check would be lift pump. the only other thing would be to drop the tank and look for a rag that someone had to temporarely used if they lost thier gas cap, seen that one first hand! good luck:-D

scootertrs

ditto on the rotten tube... I had a Caddy that would purr along until fuel got below 1/2 a tank... then it would die. filled her up and she was good to go again until 1/2 a tank... drove around with a fuel can until I finally dropped the tank and found that there as a pin hole on the fuel line just below the 1/2 way mark.,.

Had another one where someone had replaced a vented cap with a non vented one (or vent got clogged) easy enough to check on this one... if you open the tank and you hear like air rushing in, that is it... or try running it with no cap on or the cap loosely on...

good luck

1stDeuce

trippo on the rotted tube. Mine was rotted on the outside of the tank not inside, but it didn't like drawing down much below 3/4 tank... I fixed it with a wire brush and some JB Weld. Hey, I was in college... A new part was way too expensive for me!! :)

If it's rotted inside, you might be able to clamp rubber fuel line in place of the rotted section of pickup tube... Just an idea.
C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks