• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

Well this is my 1st Thread over the last few months I have been reading the forums as I fix up my truck well it is getting closer to being finish so I thought I would show its progress and let me say thank you to all SS members for all the Ideas
list of mods
Air ride seats
70 amp alternator
headlights converted to 24v h4 Bulbs
4 Hella 24v Fog Lights
False fuel Tank installed with a 24v air compressor hidden inside and Extra Air tank for seats
Dyno mat in cab to deaden the sound
rear exhaust
Electric Wipers
2 large high lift Jacks mounted on the bed side with key lock pins ( I still need to take pics of this )
have a headliner, center console, back cab walls, & door panels modeled up in catia just need to make the time to get it on the CNC machine and have it vaccum formed
I have these parts waiting to be installed
Electric windows and door poppers
24 volt warn 3000lb winch for the bed
24 volt warn 13000lb winch for the front
and I am sure I am missing a lot of other mods
tell me what you think

Attachments

Last edited:

Luke

Looks great, the tan is really nice. I am also in the Wichita area and would really like to get a bobbed deuce eventually. Did you bob it yourself or have someone else do it? 100dollarman seems to do a great job but I don't really want to fly to California and drive it all the way back when I do end up with enough savings.

Your plans for the interior sound cool -- you should give us some more pictures when that comes to life.

robr

I bought a stock one from a guy in Oklahoma I was going to bob it myself but after I got back to Wichita I called him & asked about a few things and he made me a great deal so now I have the 6x6 and the bobbed one

robr

Electric winch for several reasons its bigger than stock, I do not like the way the bumper sticks out on the stock pto winch on a bobbed truck, wireless remote so I do not have to have someone in the truck when I am dragging trees up the hill, and the main reason price I got it for $750.00 and it was brand new

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
robr,
That is a purty truck.
Love the tan and the bedliner.
The cluster with the names in relief is a cool touch.
I will follow this thread to check out how you did your tool mounts in the bed.

Yep, Per Tee [thumbzup]

robr

Dark Taupe satin green is

I liked Rust-Oleum’s Dark Taupe satin so I had it color matched It matches prefect so I can touch it up with a rattle can
the green is Rust-Oleum’s Camouflage Ultra Flat Camo Deep Forest Green

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Love the hi-lift mounts and the instrument cluster bezel.

Very good work.

robr

now that I have instrument cluster bezel modeled & programed I can make them pretty fast 1/2 hour on the CNC & 10 mins to bead blast and its done It cost me about $60.00 to make one
I will make SS Members one for cost
shipping should be about $7.00
total $67.00 to your door
so if any of you guys want one let me know
they are made out of T6 6061 Alum

robr

they are 48" and will on hard ground but I have 60" ones that I have not painted yet that also fit on the same mounts
Im going to put the 48" on my stock Deuce and put the 60" ones on this truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks