• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

the locking pin is just a 1/2 locking receiver hitch pin I cut off one end and drill a 1/2" hole though the 1" square tube & welded it on both side and ground the back flat so it would fit flush against the bed

Last edited:

SasquatchSanta

Good lookin bobber!

There is a lot to be said for rear exhaust in that it gets the noise, smoke and fumes behind you. It also looks really clean.

Good job.

Last edited:

robr

thanks guys I have put a lot of time in on it
aircraft is slow right now and I have had more time to get things done on it

I have been a Tool Maker / CNC Machinist / 5 axis programmer for most of my life so I know how to make just about anything I need
but I really havent work out in the Shop for the last 5 years
nice to know I haven't lost my touch
and it helps when the Company you work for has owners that let you use 4 CNC Machines when every you want :-D

robr

:idea: ok I just had a Idea I like my cluster but I do not like that it is flat on the dash like the stock one it is not at the best angle for the driver to see
Im thinking of milling it out of 2" stock and pocketing the back so it will still be the same thickness for the gauges it will have a slight angle so it will face the driver ( quick & dirty side view cad drawing )
what do you guy think is there any down side to doing this

Attachments

robr

forgot about my led mods

I did not like the price they want for the LED tail lights & turn signals so I went with these they are 24v and fit right in the stock bulb socket they are very bright and you still get a led look though the stock light covers

Also my dash light sucked so I bought these 24v flexible leds and I will wrap them around each gauge

Attachments

Last edited:

Unforgiven

forgot about my led mods

I did not like the price they want for the LED tail lights & turn signals so I went with these they are 24v and fit right in the stock bulb socket they are very bright and you still get a led look though the stock light covers

Also my dash light sucked so I bought these 24v flexible leds and I will wrap them around each gauge

Those stock tail lights are awfully dim. My wife followed me 600 miles home when I bought the truck. She said she could barely see the lights. And she was right behind me!

But I agree, they want WAY too much money for the LED versions.

Do you have hyperlinks for your LED bulb source?

Unforgiven

Thanks,

I assume the BA15s base fits both front & rear.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of them in action would you? It would be interesting to see one tail light stock & the other LED at night to compare them :-D

robr

yes they are the same socket & Bulb pictures lol your going to make me go outside its cold
the truck that is here only has them in the blinker right now but I can go take a picture of them flashing

dm22630

2 x White 36-LED Tail/Signal Light Bulbs 1156 BA15S 24V:eBay Motors (item 250539944688 end time Dec-30-09 01:19:42 PST)

I got them on ebay from china which sucks but they all come from there anyway
the price is great only $13.99 for 2 bulbs with $3.99 shipping they will ship right to your door no customs crap to deal with but it takes about a month to get them

So 2 sets of these LED bulbs will convert both turn signals & both tail lights?

Where did you get the headlights?

Also....any LED upgrade for the dash lights?

Looking great! Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks