• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

yep 2 set will convert both turn signals & Tail lights
the 5 bulb LED BA9S will replace in the stock dash bulbs
or you can get rid of them & use the wiring for the flexible strip LED lights on each gauge leds pull very little so you can use the 2 stock bulb wiring and do all the gauges

links to the other bulbs
2 x White 5-LED Side Light Bulbs Flux T4W Ba9s 24V:eBay Motors (item 300375367390 end time Jan-06-10 02:03:03 PST)

12 White LED Flexible Strip Light 12cm 24V Car Van Bike:eBay Motors (item 220520022119 end time Dec-31-09 16:18:24 PST)

24cm 24 White LED Flexible Strip Light 24V Car Van Bike:eBay Motors (item 320456801643 end time Dec-31-09 16:29:01 PST)

robr

ok now headlights

#1 the first link will replace the sealed headlights but the bulbs they come with are 12 volt so just trash them or give them away

#2 this link is for a h4 plug you will need this to plug in the 24 volt h4 bulbs you get

#3 24 volt h4 bulbs you can find these on ebay or any Semi / tractor webs site

#4 install Bullet connectors to the H4 wire harness you buy this will allow you to plug the H4 harness right in to the factory sockets you can get these at auto zone or any auto parts place

#5 you will have to take out you factory headlight bezel screws & drill the holes out to 1/4" and use longer bolts I used allen head cap Bolts

#6 put it all back together snug the bolts but dont over-tighten them

7" ROUND DIAMOND ROUND HEADLIGHTS H6024 H4:eBay Motors (item 220530608887 end time Dec-26-09 02:39:01 PST)

H4/9003 Headlight Connector / Plug - SUPERIOR QUALITY!:eBay Motors (item 330326944136 end time Dec-27-09 13:54:31 PST)

Attachments

robr

lol I really dont want or need to sell it I put it up for sale to draw attn to the Stock one I have for sale but hey if it sells Im going to build a Quad cab

Last edited:

robr

I dont have them in the dash cluster yet but I have done tests with the spare gauge cluster I have they are much brighter I think I am going to machine a new dash cluster thicker on one side so the driver can see it better so it may be a while before I have them installed
if I go to the shop Sunday I will take some pictures of the front and back LEDS & the wiring on the headlight mod

stumps

So 2 sets of these LED bulbs will convert both turn signals & both tail lights?

Where did you get the headlights?

Also....any LED upgrade for the dash lights?

Looking great! Thanks!
I wouldn't certify that the blinkers will work with these LED bulbs. Someone will have to try them. Blinkers very often are sensitive to the current the bulbs draw. On many blinkers, the blink rate speeds up to about double time when the current draw is reduced from normal. They do this to warn the driver when a bulb burns out.

-Chuck

robr

the pictures on page 4 are the blinkers in the truck working they have been in the truck of 3 months with no problems they blink at the same rate as the stock ones did
lol it took me 10 trys to get the picture

robr

ok now headlights

#1 the first link will replace the sealed headlights but the bulbs they come with are 12 volt so just trash them or give them away

#2 this link is for a h4 plug you will need this to plug in the 24 volt h4 bulbs you get

#3 24 volt h4 bulbs you can find these on ebay or any Semi / tractor webs site

#4 install Bullet connectors to the H4 wire harness you buy this will allow you to plug the H4 harness right in to the factory sockets you can get these at auto zone or any auto parts place

#5 you will have to take out you factory headlight bezel screws & drill the holes out to 1/4" and use longer bolts I used allen head cap Bolts

#6 put it all back together snug the bolts but dont over-tighten them

7" ROUND DIAMOND ROUND HEADLIGHTS H6024 H4:eBay Motors (item 220530608887 end time Dec-26-09 02:39:01 PST)

H4/9003 Headlight Connector / Plug - SUPERIOR QUALITY!:eBay Motors (item 330326944136 end time Dec-27-09 13:54:31 PST)

Attachments

Gorilla33

Fantastic job on this truck. I had some questions on the fuel system and dual tanks. I have seen a few set ups and I was wondering how you did yours. Also, do you have any photos of the wiring for the front fog lights and winch.

Thanks for all the great info.

Dan

robr

Fantastic job on this truck. I had some questions on the fuel system and dual tanks. I have seen a few set ups and I was wondering how you did yours. Also, do you have any photos of the wiring for the front fog lights and winch.

Thanks for all the great info.

Dan
My gas tank is false it has doors on the back and it holds my 24 volt air compressor for my air ride seats

I don't have the winch wired yet but as soon as I do I will post pictures

as far as the fog lights it is the same as a 12 volt setup only difference is 24 volt bulbs & 24 volt relay I will post so pictures of it as soon as I get a chance

robr

lol no they are all there the rears have inner thimble lug nuts on them I have the new ones I just haven't had time to switch them out

robr

I machined the AM General Badges today but not sure I like them on the truck maybe if I left them all green it would look better lol or just pull them off and chuck them in the scrap bin what do you guys think :?:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks