• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

KsM715

The rest of the truck looks great. Kind of like hot rod with all the same paint and no chrome and the badges looked out of place. Dont toss them out just yet wait for afew more opinions. If your selling the truck a potential buyer might like them.

robr

Attachments

chaplain

Question 1 did you have any problems converting your cigarette lighter to 12 volt?

Question 2 where did the seats come from, 18 wheeler, used or new?

Question 3 As silly as it sounds I'm kinda a big guy and the space between the steering wheel and my gut is minimal. Do the seats make it tighter or the same.

robr

I used a 24v to 12v 30 amp converter they are only about 3" x 2 1/2" x 2" I bought 2 extra so if you need one you can have it for $25.00 shipped ( that's what they cost me )
Seats are new from Tractor Boy Parts 209-538-7295 $600.00 each shipped to my door ( worth every Penny )
but if you don't want armrests and the baffle cover on the bottom about $500 each
( like the picture I posted )
and you really don't need a second air compressor they only use air if you raise or lower the seat
here are the specs

Air Suspension Truck Seat
Made in USA

Mid high Back
The Heritage Series black vinyl seat with 20-inch wide cushions feature standard two-way, mechanical lumbar support, backrest adjustment, 4-position cushion for extended leg support, and seven-inch travel slide tracks.

a little tighter but I have air assist Steering so Im going to use a 5 ton wheel thats a little smaller

Attachments

robr

door access panel what do you guys think ?

I modeled up the door access panel today I will cnc them out of Aluminum and paint them tan
what do you guys think ?

Attachments

Last edited:

bryan70546

That looks great , on the led bulbs do you think those would light up the gauges with out using the led strips , I was looking on ebay for the red led strips in 24 volts and it does not look like he carries them .

robr

That looks great , on the led bulbs do you think those would light up the gauges with out using the led strips , I was looking on ebay for the red led strips in 24 volts and it does not look like he carries them .
this guy has some 12 bulb ones you would just need more of them
if you get the socket type make sure they are the ones with 5 leds not 4 leds

12 Red LED Flexible Strip Light 12cm 24V Car Van Bike:eBay Motors (item 220534043258 end time Jan-30-10 16:50:35 PST)

BIGNICK

Hi Robr, You are doing a great job!!! I'm in the middle of making a crew cab 5 toner with 52" tires. Your machine is a very clean lookin ride. I think the cnc'd panels are a real nice touch.:twisted:

robr

Marine Carpet will be installed tomorrow
I got the back panel made it is made of kydex and the wood has been treated with clear fiber glass resin and put under 90 psi in a autoclave so it will never rot.
The back panel will have carpet so I dont have to make it look pretty
Im having the carpet done I cant sew
I am have it made so it can be removed when I need to work on the truck or just dry it out

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks