• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where would I go to get some measurements of where someone puts the rear axle on a bobber measurements etc and how they cut down, say a drop side bed. Or 105 bed. Do I just measure the spread of the front and duplicate. Then figure which bed and center axle? I would think a cut down dropside would be more forgiving and possibly look better. Lastly where can I find good cheap 395s to put on bud wheels here in Texas?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post up some new pics of your truck please Rob.

Slate, use the search function and many, many threads will come up. I'm doing a 4x4 that is not bobbed and am locating the rear axle with an M105 bed's existing wheel well. Bed extends 3" beyond the frame and is 50" from the rear to the wheel well center. It leaves about 30" behind the cab to the front of the bed for another use. Without cutting the frame and positioning the rear axle to match the wheel well, my wheelbase is 165".

Here is a link to my (M105) rear spring build. I removed too many leafs and now am in the process of putting some back (cleaning and paining each leaf).

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?186540-Deuce-4x4-with-M105-reduced-spring-and-air-bag

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks