• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

carpet is all done a seat reinstalled
I drove it home at 55 and man its warm with the extra 24v Infra-Red quartz heater I had to open the window & its 10 deg out
with the carpet pad and dyno mat dare I say it was quiet in the cab

Attachments

robr

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Equipped with hi/off/low switch
Must be mounted horizontally
3 Individual Heavy Duty Quartz Heating Elements with fan for forced air
4"H x 5"W x 6"D
2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Connects directly to battery or fuse box
Order a heater that draws less current then your Alternator's Amperage output (example: Alternator puts out 35 Amps, order a 30 Amp heater or less)
Custom made to order
Made in the USA
[/FONT]
mine is Model [FONT=arial, helvetica]24-3500 24 volt 35 amp 980 watts 3345 BTUs

[/FONT]US Made 12, 24, 36 or 48 Volt Mini Infra-Red Quartz Cab Heater

Attachments

Scarecrow1

Now that's very nice Rob it looks like it was made for the show room ......:-D..... What kind of carpet did you use on the install...It dosent look to be indoor outdoor like others I've seen

robr

Now that's very nice Rob it looks like it was made for the show room ......:-D..... What kind of carpet did you use on the install...It dosent look to be indoor outdoor like others I've seen
thank you I still have a lot to do machine parts for the dash, and clean up the look under the dash, headliner, upper door panels, center consol, A/C install both winches and much more

on the carpet the custom shop I deal with also does high end boats they got it for me I will try to find out the carpets name and post it

robr

Today's update
I machined a new Alum. bracket for the switch that engages the front axle it will mount in the same area as the old one it is just longer
Now I can move my Fog light switch, both heater switches, wiper switches, and the A/C switches on it also a 24v led will replace the large factory light housing so you will still have a light when the front is engaged
I installed the lower access panels on the doors

Attachments

Last edited:

robr

Man what I would give for a heated shop. Youve done more work in one week than I can get done in a year.[thumbzup]
1,000,000 BTUs heat is good lol it has A/C too :)

just wait I plan on working on it again tomorrow Machine a new gauge Cluster & make shovel and axe brackets

:idea: Im think about Machining a Alum. dash overlay lots of measuring

if you're wondering has he lost his mind doing this to a Deuce the answer is yes what started as hey I will fix it up a little has become this

Last edited:

robr

I didn't get as much done today as I wanted
I'm feeling a little under the weather
but I still had to work on the bob

Machined a New dash without the light holes as I will not need them with the LED wrapped gauges and the Brights indicator will also be a led

finished installing the back upper cab panel

Machined a Alum. Back window closeout trim piece and installed it ( I still need to pull out the sliding rear windows and Paint them )

Installed the new Alum. bracket for the switch that engages the front axle

got the Axe and Shovel brackets done and figured out where to install them

Installed the new LED Headlights ( I really didn't need them as I had already upgraded my headlights but I got a good Deal )

Attachments

jluv1185

Awesome ride! Love the work and the craftsmanship your putting into her. Great ideas. Im wondering about your front winch. You said you havent wired it yet, but have you mounted it yet? If so could you post some pics? Thanks.

robr

old & new bracket for the switch that engages the front axle

headlight left bulb is a upgraded 100 watt H4 Halogen Right is the new LED

Attachments

robr

Awesome ride! Love the work and the craftsmanship your putting into her. Great ideas. Im wondering about your front winch. You said you havent wired it yet, but have you mounted it yet? If so could you post some pics? Thanks.
Thank You

it is not mounted yet I should have it done in the next week or two I will post on it as soon as it is done

robr

you have a great eye for detail...your truck looks awesome!! Is it quiet enough you can listen to music without cranking it all the way up?
Thank You

at 55 and below it is pretty quiet my buddy in the passenger seat was taking on his cell phone when I was going down the highway

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks