• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Truck Guns

historyfanatics

Does anybody make a sim-fire M60?

With my gun truck, I'll have the quad .50's on the back. We need the M60 to cover the loaders, and direct fire.

Sure, I'd like to get a real one, but I don't have the $$$ that it would take just to feed it. So, gas is the way to go.

BTW, we are using Doug Green of Bismarck Guns & Artillery for our .50s. The prices are great, and Doug is helping us tune the guns to the mount.

I'll post photos as work progresses.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A&K M60 airsoft is the best bet for a replica for the price. Its perfectly legal in every aspect, full metal, makes people jellies, and you cant beet $400. Sure it doesnt go "bang" but gas airsoft ones do.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A&K M60 airsoft is the best bet for a replica for the price. Its perfectly legal in every aspect, full metal, makes people jellies, and you cant beet $400. Sure it doesnt go "bang" but gas airsoft ones do.
I wonder if a GI bipod would bolt onto the A&K M60? Everything i've read says that is the only weak point in the whole gun.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if a GI bipod would bolt onto the A&K M60? Everything i've read says that is the only weak point in the whole gun.
I've interested in the same thing but havent come across one that wasnt worth more than gold. And yes, it tends to wobble at the joints when folded up. I just leave mine up and screw them in tight, maybe bunjie cord them to be safe.

WarrenD

Biggest problem with the A&K is you can't find any. There are some Gas Blow back guns that run ~$900-$1300 and if you search Maddawg's M37 GT build, I recall he named his source for replica M-60's. I saw them at Gilbert and they look very good, made from many parts from the real deal. I recall his were ~$1k/ea.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Biggest problem with the A&K is you can't find any. There are some Gas Blow back guns that run ~$900-$1300 and if you search Maddawg's M37 GT build, I recall he named his source for replica M-60's. I saw them at Gilbert and they look very good, made from many parts from the real deal. I recall his were ~$1k/ea.
Heres my source, they are good people.

AirsoftGI

Silverback

Fuzzytoaster what kind of 60 mount do you want? I have standard pintos mounts for the M122, pintle mounts with can holder, door gunner mounts for the UH1. Let me know, Dan.

historyfanatics

Irac doesn't offer an M60 that is sim-fire. They do have some very nice looking .30 cal Brownings. And, the airsoft models can't be converted (already looked into it). The airsoft look okay, but that's not what I need.

So, I guess it's abck to the drawing board on building what I need.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks