• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great alternate alternators batman!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Long story kinda short...

My alternator starts acting up in the duece I.E. voltage in the green, then yellow, then green again. Sometimes it starts out in the red, then green then red etc... I figure it's the voltage regulator based on threads I've read.

I have a spare engine so I figure "hey, why not just pull the spare alternator and do a quick swap?". While i'm wrenching off the spare, I hear this "PING" noise. it's a mounting ear from the alternator. Must have been broken off some time in it's life. RATS!

I now pull my trucks alternator off and behold, it's a different manufacturer.

the spare is a Leece-Neville
The one off the truck is a Seilman S.A.

Both are P/N 10929868
Both are NSN 2920-00-909-2483

The wires go in a bit differently and the housing are different.

So, here's my question... I have the TM for the Leece Neville but not for the Sielman. although the housing are different, does anyone know if the voltage regulators are the same?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ummm i have some old units in disrepair like in missing parts.. some do look different ... next time ill have to see the manufacturers on each just out of curiousity

IMA944T

Oilfield ingtion in Oklahoma City rebuild or replace these alt. I bought a starter though them and they were alot less expensive than anywhere else. I wil dig though my reciepts and get phone and address if you want.

1Y875

The Sileman is a metric dimension version or the Prestolite AMA5104UT and Southern Automotive SAW-9092483. Prestolite and Southern are identical with each other. Most parts from the Sielman will not interchange correctly. The regulator will not fit. Southern Automotive makes the regulator under PN 1M-6001. The Leece Neville 60 amp will interchange as a complete unit under the spec drawing 10929868 for the unit. The regulator from the Leece Neville in unique. it came in a few models 3002AC, AD, AE, and AF, the regulator from AE can be used in the AD if you add harness and a trio and in the AF if you add the diode trio. wires, normally in the kit, Southern Automotive also makes most of the parts for that unit still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks