• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule registration Numbers Help?

Charlie

You can see in the two photos below, the starter mounting area on the 4-cylinder mules are different than the 2-cylinder mules. Actually, the pull starter on the 4-cylinder engines was built into the flywheel and there was no externally mounted recoil unit like the 2-cylinders. There's no teeth on the flywheel, either, so mounting an electric starter on a 4-cylinder is a major job with some machine work required to the flywheel. On the few 4 cylinder-to-2 cylinder converted mules that I have seen, a spacer was used between the starter and the bellhousing, but it's very possible that a piece could have been welded in.

I'm still trying to run down that Contract Number DA-11-184-AMC-39(T). Is the data plate actually colored brownlike it looks in the photo?

I think you have a special mule, take care of her!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks