• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found 2 - Deuce Models

Information on AFV M35A2 "Deuce" Model being Made again by AFV: Only 2,000 are going to be made and you can pre order them as nbatten posted. They run around $35.00 plus shipping if your interested. I reserved mine several days ago. The link nbatten posted is as follows: M35A2 2-1/2t Cargo Truck (Plastic model) AFV CLUB Import Thanks again nbatten!. Also thanks to all who contrbuted to this forum. What a great bunch of members on this site. Ther are 4 or 5 kits (AFV) on e-bay now but I'll bet the price is jacked up before the time expires. Elkhunter

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

OK then,
lets go back a little lit in history of plastic model in 1/35!
There once was made a M34 by Monogam, of which I have a built one in US Army, two I modified to versions of the Bundeswehr, one or two in the box left. These forms later were taken over by Revel, of which I also own a kit.
Modificaton to a M35 is relatively simple: Smaller wheels anf a modified cargo box.
Acadamy has a M35 in its program.
And I think there is from AFV club a model available.
Once upon the time there was a plastic model kit maker called Renwal (US)which made so called blue print models. However, the quality was allready in the seventies considered to be poor. They made a M62. These forms later go to Revel. They published them as History Makers. I built one as M62, modified one to become a M249 and one to a M135 and still have 2 in stock.
Deuces from WWII as the CCKW are availeable basically from Italeri, with Timken split axle and standard body.
Tomy in Japan once made an egar beaver with banjo axles. But these forms once disapeared with a sinking ship in the Atlantic. And once Heller made a 2 1/2 ton CCKW 353 modell (by the way the best ever on the market) with Timken axles, but this is not available any more since about 25 years. But I still have one.
The DUKW 353 is available as a model from Italerie. It is a good one, seems not only to be made from drawing, however they might have checked an original one.
That is it.
Wolf
Plasic models since I was 7 years old, now I am 53....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks