• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 wheel options

txm37

Does any one know of a way to run hummer wheels and tires on a M37? Or possibly just the tires? I am currently running 255/85/16's on the truck which was a huge inprovement over the NDT's but don't quite look right. A buddy that works for Goodyear gave me 4 hummer tires and wheels in excelent condition that one of his customers was going to trash. I would love to run them on my truck just haven't found a way yet. Any sugestions?

mattveeder

There is not a way to run the hummer wheels directly on your m37. As for the tires they are 16.5 in and your wheels are 16 in. Allthough there are a few people putting those tires on those wheels it is not even close to safe. I could not imagine any reputable tire shop even mounting that combo for you. On the other hand I have seen where a few people have cut the centers of the m37 wheels out. Then cut the centers of the hummer wheels out then welded up the combo. This requires precision cutting and welding skills. I would also imagine that getting everything trued up would be a challenge. But the end result was a beadlock 16.5 in wheel for the m37. You might want to try asking the people at g741.org for help. I an a member and use that site quite a bit for my m37 stuff.

txm37

Thanks. I knew there is no safe way to use the hummer tires on the stock 16 inch wheels. I am hopeing to avoid the high cost of custom machine work if possible. I am ok with not using the hummer wheels. Are there any 16.5 wheels that will fit the M37 or possibly adapters?

ugagastro

Bubba,

what are Lav rims....? I would like to replace my "split" rims with a standard aftermarket rim but was told the offset precludes a swap to tubeless tires...thanks for your help!
DW

ugagastro

OK just read upon LAV rims adapters and such......so save some of your trouble on that issue.....sounds as if due to availability problems that I should just find a good replacement tire for my NDT's that will go on the stock rims...any suggestion?

txm37

That would depend on the type of driving you do with your M37. Since 90+% of my driving is on paved roadr I went with 255/85R16 all terain tires. (that was as big as the tire shop felt comfortable putting on those wheels) Since they are almost 36 inch tall tires they look pretty good. And being radials the truck doesn't follow the ruts in the road and the ride has smoothed out considerably. Other tire sizes I have heard that work are 305/85r16 ans 16x15.5r16. Hope that helps. I am still looking to find a 16.5 wheel so I can use the hummer tires. Going to check with a local machine shop that works on race cars and see what they say. Just don't want to brake the bank.

ugagastro

think the BF Goodrich TA KM2 will work?
255/85R/16.....but will need to use a tube of course and don't want to order without being sure they will fit!:?:

txm37

One thing I forgot to mention. You will need to get tubes for radials instead of the regular tubes used on the NDT's. But they are cheep and easy to get a truck tire centers ect.

Tanner

FWIW - you can run the Michelin XZL or XL 1100x16's on your stock M-37 rims, using the proper radial tubes & flaps... yes, I know that these tires are getting a bit harder to find, but they are available, and fit the stock M-37 Budd rim well - the XZL's are on my truck in my avatar photo.

Also - look here for additional M-37 tire info > Michelin 1100r16 XL tires

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks