• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce window replacement

o1dakota440

so i got a new window for my deuce as the drivers side door window was broken. so as i removed the old one i notice that only one of the scissor ends has a clip on it holding them to the window. well as i was removing the one clip i break it, so i went to the local parts house and bought a bag of differant sized c- clips.
i put the new window in and found the size clip that fit very tight on the nubs .
rolled the window up about half way befor i heard the "TING" sound of one of the clips flying off. so to make a long story short i repeated that whole process about 4 times using differant size clips, some losser and some tighter but the one just kept flying off. i don't know what the problem was and i don't care, i just fixed it the best way i could think of. so my solution was to take the window back out. i then fount a very small drill bit for my drill, and drilled a hole through the nubs. i made the holes as close to the ends of the nubs as i could, the i found some washers that fit over the nubs but were still small in diameter to fit like the factory clip did. next i slipped the washers on and inserted a cotter pin into the holes i drilled , bent the ends over and now have perfectly good functioning window.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Dakota, I'll probably need to do the same type of engineering on both windows of my truck.

You said the window was cracked, and that's why you replaced it. With the missing clip, did the old broken window stay stable as it traveled in the track or did it cock and roll up out of kilter?

Rick

o1dakota440

yes the old window was kinda cocked forward. it rolled up and down just fine, but the back was higher than the front when rolled up. but it is all fine now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks