• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/6 scale Dragon Wagon

crawler07

Sniper thats a **** of a build!! Where do you get the tires from? Are those robby axles? Did you make the frame from styrene as well or is it from a tamiya rig?

Last edited:

entrepreneuroh

My 1/6 scale all metal Dragon Wagon with trailer

Here are pictures of my 1/6 Scale, fully R/C M25 Dragon Wagon including the M15 trailer. The model is fully R/C with working winches and working headlights/rear searchlights. I will soon be upgrading it with digital sound system, smoke generator for exhaust, and marker lights. The tables shown are 8 feet long each and the die lift the tractor is sitting on has a table 4 feet by 2 feet for scale reference. Those are my 3 and 4 year old son's so you can appreciate the size of the model. with the trailer attached to the fifth wheel and the ramps down, the model is over 11 feet long overall. Not sure why AB101Sniper is posting pictures of my model as his work. This model is located in Painesville, Ohio, USA.

Chris Weiss
440-221-9973
entrepreneuroh@aol.com

Attachments

entrepreneuroh

I forgot to mention the tank is a 1/6 scale M4A3E8 Sherman tank which is also fully R/C with digital sound system, smoke generator for exhaust and an Oxy/MAPP gas gunfire system for the main gun. All three models, the M26 tractor, M15 Fruehauf trailer, and Easy Eight tank are completely scratch built from all metal components. The only non metal parts are the obvious rubber tires, grouser pads, and cloth tarps. The two 1/6 scale figures are also 3 channel R/C controlled. The heads move in 3 axes and the right arms move up/down. The Sherman weighs in at 200 lbs, the M26 at about 175 lbs, and the M15 trailer at 110 lbs. I have built a collection of about 36 tanks, halftracks, and artillery pieces in 1/6 scale all of which are fully R/C. If you go to www.youtube.com and search "model tank gunfire system" you will see 3 videos of my prototype gunfire system fitted to a 1/6 scale Armortek kit of the Tiger I mid production version tank. also in the backround is the only 1/1 scale vehicle I own. A 1943 BMW R75 military with Steib military sidecar and MG34.

Attachments

entrepreneuroh

oh, I also forgot to mention the model is 10 wheel drive. Both rear axles are powered by chains as is the real vehicle and the front axle is driven via a transfer case. The model has a high and low range selectable via the foot pedal on the drivers side winch operator's station. the winches are contolled by setting the foot pedal to neutral and manipulating the hand levers. The lifting frame with snatch block is capable of lifting a model tank weighing 300
+ lbs off the ground just as the real Dragon Wagon could raise the front of a Sherman tank. The trailer is made with steel I beams for primary frame rails and can support the weight of one of my Tiger I, Tiger II or Panther 1/6 scale models any of which weigh in over 400 lbs. Everything that was metal on the actual vehicle is metal on this model.

Chris Weiss
440-221-9973
entrepreneuroh@aol.com
Painesville, Ohio

Oh, and where can you get a real one? Well, the WWII Victory museum in Auburn Indians has one as does the Jacques Littlefield Collection in Portola Valley, CA. Henry Vanetta from Hubbard, Ohio used to have an M26A1 soft skin tractor with M15 trailer; however, he passed away in 2007 and his widow sold his entire collection to a private collector in Florida. There are about a half dozen or so of these in Europe and 3 or 4 usually show up every year at the Beltring War and Peace show in England. Another is under restoration in France that I know of. I am not aware of any that are for sale at present. These things are all over weight/over dimension for use on any US highway even with an empty trailer. They are also way too heavy to stop quickly enough if you were to drive one in traffic. Some idiot in a compact car would undoubtedly pull in front of you and brake too quickly and the M26 would squash it. I believe any of these that actually saw service in WWII in Europe were left there at war's end once the US Army had no further use for them.

entrepreneuroh

The model was definetly not built by 101ABSniper.

The pictures he posted (the first 9 on his first posting) are of my Dragon Wagon when it was on display at a tanker model show in September 2009 in the UK. His second posting with 8 pictures is actually of two completely different models. The 5 pictures of the white plastic model are of a 1/16 PLASTIC Dragon Wagon model built by Robert Waltman. Here is the link to his website where the pictures were taken from:

http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2000/dragonwagonrw_1.htm

The 3 pictures below the plastic model pictures on 101ABSnipers post are of my model with the cab removed and showing the motor for operating the steering linkage as well as the toggle switches that turn on the electrical system, headlights, winches, etc.

My model has been displayed in the UK publically in September 2009 at which time the M15 trailer was not yet built. The next public display was in the US at the IPMS John Wayne Chapter model show in Kirtland, OH at the Kirtland High School on November 7, 2010. Here is the link to the show:

http://home.windstream.net/dchalke/CMS/

I plan to do 2 or 3 public shows this spring with the tractor, trailer, and sherman tank loaded on the trailer. Here are the shows:

Weak Signals R/C expo April 1,2,3, 2011 in Toledo Ohio at the Seagate Center:

http://toledoshow.com/

here is my first place winning 1/10 scale M4A1 Sherman tank from last year:

http://www.toledoshow.com/index.cfm?p=gallery&Gal=2010 RC Car Winners

Armor Modeling Preservation Society Show April 6-9 in Fredericksburg, VA:

http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/

North American Model Engineering Society Show April 30 - May 1, in Southgate MI (Greater Detroit), Southgate Civic Center.

http://modelengineeringsoc.com/expo.htm

I welcome anyone interested to confirm with me in late March that I will be attending and come out to the show to see my Dragon Wagon and talk about its features, etc. I will be driving the model into and out of the shows....Its too **** heavy to lift. Feel free to call me at 440-221-9973 or email entrepreneuroh@aol.com for more information or just to talk model engineering.

I would like to ask for anyone's help who can provide me some dimensions of the 24-14.00 MBT tires as well as a rubbing of the sidewall lettering. I am planning to make a mold to recast the scale tires. The model as it exists uses pneumatic cart tires purchased at Harbor Freight and Salvage mounted on custom fabricated steel rims. This is one last important detail to get the ultimate realism that I am seeking. I will also be detailing up the cab interior and adding crew figures hopefully in time for the April shows.

Thanks for your support

Christian Weiss

entrepreneuroh

To therealsundance,

Yes, of course I have all the same pictures of the building process, plus almost 500 more. I also have the hand dimensioned sketches of the parts made to build the model.

Christian

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ENTREPRENEUROH, I Apologize for my post, I was wrong, I will delete it,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks