• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 / M1009 CUCV Oil Cooler Line Failure

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the line today. I decided I could not bend both new lines enough to use the original clamp that holds them in position, on the rear of the exhaust manifold.

I made a new clamp that was about 1/2" longer and wrapped it with rubber and high friction tape to keep from damaging the aluminum lines(the original clamp had no protective coating). It holds the lines in position and they cannot rotate on the fittings(like they did without the clamp installed).

Last edited:

3dubs

Did any body find out if they would replace the lines?

The clamp is important. My lines lasted a year. After rebuilding my engine the lines got bent. I decided it was better not to try to bend them back and take a chance breaking a line. Well I came home from buying a new wiper motor to see a trail of oil. The problem I have is getting both lines. I keep finding the upper 625-154 but they do not have the lower 625-155. I finally found a site with the lower and they did not have the upper. NAPA did not even show the lower hose I had to give the the Dorman part number to even see it would take a week to get it.

Mudstone

i haven't had a chance to do anything with moving across the country buying a house and starting school... on top of that kimi has too more tumors that we are trying to address. I do need to change mine as they are seeping pretty good at the radiator side fittings. I also need U-joints and an output seal... donno when i'm going to get the time or know how on how to do them.

I think however i saw them in LMC together. i may be mistaken.

BigDuck

I called the local chevy dealer and they said to bring it by and they would write up the order. she said a recall is for ever, I gave her the number 85c14 and she said "wow thats an old old one " i said it sure is I'll see ya in a few!!!:beer:

GATVILLE

Does anyone have part numbers for the oil cooler hard lines that run from the hoses to the radiator? One of mine is leaking and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement, auto part stores around here came up with nothing, although i didnt try napa yet.

mr.travo

I am going to check mine out this weekend and see if I have the defective lines. Free is free, but I WILL be double checking their work. I am like Dok, I don't trust too many other people.

allrevup

No surprise, custumer care still not #1 at most domestic dealers.

My two local Chevrolet dealer where NO help even when I gave then copys of the recalls and #"s.
Dealer #1- "They most have replace then, that Vin.# does not come up" To what I said, Sure you would say that, the problem is the military most have replace it with the same part #"

Dealer #2- "The recall did not cover my 1984, it began for 1985 year model" To what I said there was an addendun for 1985 Blazer's after the one for 1983-1984's, like my truck.

I just order the Dorman hoses mention ealier (sorry, I do not have the recips with # handy) from Rockauto for about $50-$60 plus S/H. Not exact fit and a bit of a pain but no more weaping leaks so far.
"DO NOT ORDER" their AC/DELCO hoses #51-12472195 or #51-12472196 for 1984 the K30 diesel, thinking that they will be better, they are just as light constructed, cost twice more at $131.58, and are not even close to fit.

If I had to do it again. As other have, I would have then custom made, and eliminate the "S" aluminium tubes coming from the block, the "PITA" braket and you could just secure then to the inner fender with proper routing. Wile messing around, I also did the hydrolic lines and hose's, and accesory belts. That power steering pump stiil gets to me, I use the rachet strap metod to hold tight untill secure.

This was just a couple week ago, when my mother wanted a NEW economy car and Wanting to buy American, I made sure to take her to both dealers and look at the NEW Chevy CRUZ (made?), The Ford Focus and Fusion but after also looking at Honda, Toyota & VW Jetta, we ended buyng a Hyundai with 40 MPG on reg gas, and a great warranty. I also took the oportunity to Send a nice note to both dealers sales mgr's and a photo, I guess, I had some issues to seatle (grind).
No guilt here, I pay my taxes and spend my money here in American . I also sold a few thousand trucks/cars, most where American made.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No surprise, My two local Chevrolet dealer where NO help even when I gave then copys of the recalls and #"s.
Dealer #1- "They most have replace then, that Vin.# does not come up" To what I said, Sure you would say that, the problem is the military most have replace it with the same part #"

Dealer #2- "The recall did not cover my 1984, it began for 1985 year model" To what I said there was an addendun for 1985 Blazer's after the one for 1983-1984's, like my truck.

I just order the Dorman hooses mention ealier (sorry, I do not have the recips with # handy) from Rockauto for about $50-$60 plus S/H. Not exact fit and a bit of a pain but no more weaping leaks so far.
"DO NOT ORDER" their AC/DELCO hoses #51-12472195 or #51-12472196 for 1984 the K30 diesel, thinking that they will be better, they are just as light constructed, cost twice more at $131.58, and are not even close to fit.

If I had to do it again. As other have, I would have then custom made, and eliminate the "S" aluminium tubes coming from the block, the "PITA" braket and you could just secure then to the inner fender with proper routing. Wile messing around, I also did the hydrolic lines and hose's, and accesory belts. That power steering pump stiil gets to me, I use the rachet strap metod to hold tight untill secure.

This was just a couple week ago, when my mother wanted a NEW economy car and Wanting to buy American, I made sure to take her to both dealers and look at the NEW Chevy CRUZ (made?), The Ford Focus and Fusion but after also looking at Honda, Toyota & VW Jetta, we ended buyng a Hyundai with 40 MPG on reg gas, and a great warranty. I also took the oportunity to Send a nice note to both dealers sales mgr's and a photo, I guess, I had some issues to seatle (grind).
No guilt here, I pay my taxes and spend my money here in American . I also sold a few thousand trucks/cars, most where Americam made.

The Chevrolet Cruze is built in Lordstown, Ohio.

allrevup

Sorry to the great people of Ohio, that work at that plant.

The Cruz, car is base on an Opel (I think still or in part own by GM) world platform out of Germany and twicked for this application.
My friend that sold me the car works at a brick and mortal dealeship here in the Good Old USA, and he, his family & friends put money in my bartenders tip jar !

Last edited:

southdave

Sorry to the great people of Ohio, that work at that plant.

The Cruz, car is base on an Opel (I think still or in part own by GM) world platform out of Germany and twicked for this application.
My friend that sold me the car works at a brick and mortal dealeship here in the Good Old USA, and he, his family & friends put money in my bartenders tip jar !
Yeah the first plant is in ST. Petersburg Russia.. the engines and most components are made overseas, Lordstown is more or less save for bodyshop is knockdown assembly pant, a til the US plants get in full swing of productions.... I wish they would sell the Opel diesels here

Last edited:

dhedden

Don't sweat the Hyundai. Montgomery , Alabama should be the manufacture point. Those and the KIAs are some of the best looking new vehicles on the road I think. Pretty surprising how far they have come.:cool:

DokWatson

When our daughter was born I traded my 1994 GMC Sierra GT for a 2003 Kia Spectra (Both vehicles were on reconstructed titles) Went from 14mpg on a good day to 28mpg, and the only thing 'reconstructed' on the Kia was the trunk. It doesn't match, but I don't care. Kia's are decent cars.

M1008driver

I looked and my M1008 was made in 04/85. I looked at the lines and cannot find a number anywhere. I have no leaks, so should I be worried, or is this a non-problem for my truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks