• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Gear shift knob

ARYankee

Mine is stock as well but I'm thinking of changing it out with an old demilled grenade. I have one that I bought a few years ago, if I can find it. If not I'll just go get another one from a surplus store. BTW that is a nice knob job :)

DanMartin

I've always liked the chrome skull with the flashing red eyes. OK, Chrome does not belong on an MV, but c'mon....

A flight control stick from an old jet fighter would be neat as well...plus it has buttons galore! :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Years ago I had a POS Ford F250 (Brutus Maximus).....I installed a custom made automatic floor shift...the shift knob was the control handle off a Huey (it was a much pilfeered static display at the MOUT site) control stick. The truck had massive electrical issues.
I had the turn signals and brake lights controled by the switchs on the handle.
That would be cool on a deuce.

ARYankee

If you do the grenade thing.......it is best to remove it when entering a military base to make a GL pick up......ask me how I know.:roll:

I bet you have a little first hand experience with that. Thanks for the heads up since I do occassionally drive mine to the Arsenal that I work at. :)

AN/ARC186

Years ago I had a POS Ford F250 (Brutus Maximus).....I installed a custom made automatic floor shift...the shift knob was the control handle off a Huey (it was a much pilfeered static display at the MOUT site) control stick. The truck had massive electrical issues.

I'm sitting here staring at a cyclic stick for an N model huey, I've installed them in several vehicles including a 39 chevy coupe.

Traded this stick to devilman for a set of airhorns, it was out of an F86

Attachments

Orionspath

I like the idea of a cyclic from a huey as much if not a bit more than the collective. I have in my ole cj, a WWII pineapple for the gear shifter and a Vietnam era frag (baseball) for the hi/lo transfer case. I just knew I should of taken a picture of that last weekend!

littlebob

If your into the aircraft thing, you can find some cool stuff here Cameron Aircraft Team 51 Mustang Unlimited Air Racing, Miss Spokane Unlimited Hydroplane Carbon Fiber Full Scale Replicas. . I bought a
Mustang grip to put in a CRX I was working on a few years ago. After I left an inquiry the owner called me to shoot the bull.
Don't find many people these days that the boss calls to see what your intrests are and is that hands on.
The Boss was an older gentelman that knew by giving a customer a call, he could have a connection with a customer and
also find out more about potential markets for his products.

littlebob

If your into the aircraft thing, you can find some cool stuff here Cameron Aircraft Team 51 Mustang Unlimited Air Racing, Miss Spokane Unlimited Hydroplane Carbon Fiber Full Scale Replicas. . I bought a
Mustang grip to put in a CRX I was working on a few years ago. After I left an inquiry the owner called me to shoot the bull.
Don't find many people these days that the boss calls to see what your intrests are and is that hands on.
The Boss was an older gentelman that knew by giving a customer a call, he could have a connection with a customer and
also find out more about potential markets for his products.
I just looked at the site again and maybe they sold it. Same products, but I think it used to be Cameron and Sons Aircraft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks