• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M925 in HI... should be fun

Good luck!

Man that truck looks HUGE with those tires on it. Great ride.

I haven't even gotten my first deuce home yet and I already know what my next ride is going to be!

Westech

CPL
I only know of one member who has done that successfully. He goes by GIJoeCzar on SS. He is very knowledgeable about the whole process. He said it was very $$$ so I hope you got the 925 cheap. Did someone preview the truck for you? Some of those trucks look decent in GL pics, but are very rusty from that nice salty air over there.
That is who and where my M813 cam from. The truck cost under $500 from GL but over 2K to ship just to the states and another 1k or so to get to Wisconsin. I know he has some connections so he gets a good deal and that was 5 years ago. There are sure some good deals out there if you can work out the shipping.

wehring

MAde it to El Paso, TX today

Well today was a ~500 mile day. The truck is doing fine except for a slow leak in one of the rear tires. I have been running at 1850 RPM and 60 MPH. The dolly was bouncing a bit much so I let some air out of the tires and it is much better.

Tomorrow will be an ~800 mile day to get home.

I met a really nice guy in Tucson, AZ with a ex-military Dodge that has a LOT of character. I will post the pics when I get home. Possibly a new SS recruit.

Time to get some sleep. A special thank you to the fellow SS that are keeping an eye on me this trip via phone and net. Each of you know that the door swings both ways if I can ever return the good will.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

End of an evolution

Well I got home.

Had a chance to change the radiator fluid based on the info from GIJoeCzar. All of his HI trucks have had very black radiator fluid. This truck was the same. No rust, no oil... just black water in the bottom and green in the top. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe they used too much SCA and it formed particulate. The new fluid is Rotella and has SCA added.

I bought the 5 ton ESP truck the following week after I won the auction for this truck. This is a great truck but I only need one 5 ton so this one needs to go.

I changed the bed, put on super singles, changed the fuel filter, changed the muffler, changed the radiator fluid and replaced the bench seat frame then added NOS bench cushions. It just made a 1500 mile road trip and it is ready to go. I am waiting for the clear Texas title to return from Austin.

$22,500

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you made it OK. So, assuming you get your price which you should, would you do this all over again?

wehring

Well...

By the time you add in the tires, bed, etc etc etc. My profit margin is really not a lot so... would I do it again?

For profit... No.

For the experience of the great people I met and the spring-time trip... you bet!

The weather was perfect for this type of trip. Big OD machine, windows down, windshield (A/C) opened just a bit, case of Dr Pepper. Priceless memories.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Reactions: NDT

Victor

Justin,
You have answered many questions I had.
I had really good time to read this post, so many pictures. it's like I almost was there.

THAN YOU!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks