• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iltis Cable Layer

Superdave

I just finished a frame off restoration on my iltis cable layer as I tackled this project last February thinking I would just get it running as the motor was melted from getting way too hot. I purchased it as a salvage iltis from the local base as it was suppose to have made its way to the auction until the motor blew up. As per usual once I started it just snowballed into a total rebuild and took time away from my carrier project. At least now I can focus on getting my MK1 carrier under way in its restoration.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Super job, Super Dave ! I have always wanted one, but there are not many south of the border.

saddamsnightmare

January 23rd, 2010.

Super Dave:

A Mercedes Benz design? Since I have not seen an Iltis personally, they must be a strange little machine, but your restoration is A-No.-1!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Superdave

Thanks for the comments as I put a lot of hours in to restoring it back to the way it was issued. I just have to source a little more kit for it and then it will be complete and in time to get out and drive it this summer :D

Lex_Ordo

That is a perfect Resto job. I am very jealous! I couldn't quite muster a complete frame off resto of my US M35A2, but I did manage to get my M101 CDN2 pretty close to factory. It also helped that my particular trailer was never issued, and didn't need quite so much.
LOL
Here are some pics.

Attachments

klunk

That is a perfect Resto job. I am very jealous! I couldn't quite muster a complete frame off resto of my US M35A2, but I did manage to get my M101 CDN2 pretty close to factory. It also helped that my particular trailer was never issued, and didn't need quite so much.
LOL
Here are some pics.
That's nice!!

But honestly...I have never seen a 101 Iltis trailer with a spare tire or fuel can mounts...(23 years Canadian armed forces)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks