• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watch who you deal with

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Everyone here is tired of hearing his name, but he is still causing problems for members. I had some of Craig/Darell Braun's hemtt rims that I retrieved from GL, stored at another member's place and held till I got my money and property that was owed me. I did know that he promised the rims to other people. Once he settled up with me, he took his rims with him. Tonight I got this PM:

Hey Robb-

Do you still have my Hemtt wheels from "Craig" at your place? Last time I talked to you, you said he owed you some $ and you were basically holding them for ransom.
Let me know if he has settled up with you so you can release my wheels---- I will send a trk over to pick them up if everything is cool.

Thanks!

Seems this member was under the impression I should have not let the rims go with Craig. I did not want any trouble with him, and I'm SURE the place I kept the rims at didn't want any trouble. Now I get to look like the bad guy. Make sure you know who you are dealing with.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must be dense: You say Craig wrote you to hound you for rims Darrel left with you? I thought Craig and Darrel were the same person........:confused::confused::confused:

If Craig and Darrel share the same body, but are of different personalities, are they different people?

Rick

drdstny

Banned
I don't think you're the badguy here, and I'll explain why. First, since I was a big part of those wheels, let me back you up if anybody asks. I'm happy to give additional perspective.

Now I may need some help from you in the account of what happened, but let me make a couple assumptions. 1 is that he owed you money. 2 is that the money was for the wheels. 3 is that he wanted to take them up-front and you declined, saying to pay if he wanted them.

Assuming all those are true, your kindness to Someone Else are all anyone can expect from you. If DB "Douche Bag" (maybe I'll call him Massingill from now on, or Summer's Eve) made a commitment to you and you waited for cash in hand to release them, so when he paid you he got the wheels...well, honestly, that's what was supposed to happen, right?

On the other hand, if you told Someone Else that there were wheels available, and DB took those wheels...again, I'm not sure it's wrong, per se, if for nothing else the "first come, first-served" reality of goods for sale.

Finally, if there's something you're not telling us, that could factor into a decent apology coming from someone with your reputation, but I doubt it'll linger. If Someon Else gave DB money, and DB took the wheels, well, the onus is on the anus to deliver the wheels to the buyer. Will that happen? No. Is it your fault? No.

Now, the tough love. Chris, I'm mad at you that you did not do more to secure the concerns of this site's users by boycotting the delivery of the wheels until he made progress on reparations. Had he driven to my place, he would not have driven home, and I can't attest to his physical or emotional state once he arrived. At the very least, he would have been booked.

But don't let it get you down too much. He and the other Three Messkateers lurk, learn and live in small cavities that squeeze shut every time they leave. They have become pretty good at this game, which is why I advocate taking it up a notch to the envelope of legality. In this state, I could seriously inconvenience him with a phone call, and will at first chance.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most of that is correct. I picked up his rims when I picked up yours, mine and another members. Aside from yours(that went to oilcan's place) they were all stored at another member's place. He (C/D) picked up some and sold them to some people, the rest were still in "my control". Prior to this, a tow bar and some tow lights were borrowed. At the time I didn't know his true identity. Once it was discovered, they (his rims) were not leaving till I got my money owed to me and my property back. Before he settled up with me and left with the rims, he sold the ones still in my control to another member. I told the member they were staying with me till I got my stuff. Once he settled up with me, he left with his rims. I was not going to cause problems for the guy storing them as he was doing me a favor and has a family. Had they been at my place, things could have gone down differently, but they could not have been in secure storage. I feel that it is another case of Craig/Darell not following through with promised sales. Yes I could have done more to help others get what was their's, but at what price to me and the kind soul holding the property. I do feel bad that it had to go this way, but I feel it was the best way to go for the situation.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone here is tired of hearing his name, but he is still causing problems for members. I had some of Craig/Darell Braun's hemtt rims that I retrieved from GL, stored at another member's place and held till I got my money and property that was owed me. I did know that he promised the rims to other people. Once he settled up with me, he took his rims with him. Tonight I got this PM:

Hey Robb-

Do you still have my Hemtt wheels from "Craig" at your place? Last time I talked to you, you said he owed you some $ and you were basically holding them for ransom.
Let me know if he has settled up with you so you can release my wheels---- I will send a trk over to pick them up if everything is cool.

Thanks!

Seems this member was under the impression I should have not let the rims go with Craig. I did not want any trouble with him, and I'm SURE the place I kept the rims at didn't want any trouble. Now I get to look like the bad guy. Make sure you know who you are dealing with.

:lost: I thought Darrall was Grounded? Don't sweat it Gimp, I'm sure you did the best you could in a bad situation. There is no way to deal with him and not come out looking bad or broke. Or BOTH.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Knowing DB as I do I am very sure that Gimp is telling the truth.
DB has screwed just about everybody that has come in contact with him.
He still has my stolen property stored in Celina, OH (unless he has sold it to two or three other people).
I have spoken to one of the local LEO's up there that knows him well. He has managed to stay in the grey area of the law just enough to keep from going back to prison.

He called me after I had an officer go to his place and check on my stuff.
He was enraged and indignant that I had done that since my stuff is on someone elses property that did not know the true story.

He pleaded poverty and I tried to make a deal to cut my losses but I have yet to see any money from the third party involved (who also got screwed by DB).

DB did treat a few people fairly but they are the (lucky) minority.
In my opinion he is a con artist that screws everybody that tries to help him and then blames them for his problems.
Mark Twain said it best in "Huckleberry Finn"........"Some people can only be reformed at the end of a shotgun".
One day he will screw the wrong person and end up sleeping with the fishes.

G-Force

you were only responsible for collecting what was owed to you Gimp. You shouldn't be holding stuff for ransom on someone and not give it up until that person makes good to other people he has wronged. Number one it would be wrong of the other people to put you in that situation and number two its also illegal. Once he paid you in full for the rims those rims were his. You're not a collection agancy for someone else.
Now, if said person who contacted you asked you to notify him when DB had squared up with you for the rims and was coming to pick them up.......that also is a grey area because it could cause trouble for the person who was storing the rims for you and you yourself if ther was any type of scene made by the other person when DB showed up to pick up the rims.
If the person who contacted you is blaming you then that person is wrong.

73X

Not to worry Gimp your reputation holds true here as well with all others I am quite sure. You did right that is what matters.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, You made a deal with Darrel. While I'm sure the others would like you to help them out but you really don't have a dog in that fight and I think it would be best to do what you did (stay out of it).

Who knows what kind of deal Darrel has made with all these people and you have no way of knowing who is owed what anyway.

I think you did the only thing that could be done given the situation. It's not your responsibility to make things right with the wheels, it's Darrel's.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
"Little Buddy" your reputation is safe on this site.
Never accept responsibility for someone else's actions. Unless you are directly in charge of them.
I would have done just what you did so just :driver:on troop.

"Skipper Out"!!

littlebob

I've been here for four years and never seen anything that would make me believe that you'd do anything other than the right thing. Glad you put up your side of the story, to educate others.

saddamsnightmare

January 30th, 2010.

GimpyRobb:

Just a thought from an old railroad conductor I used to work with: "EVERYBODY brings joy into the world, some by coming, and some by going", looks like yoiu have dealt with some that will bring joy by going. In any case I figure from what I have seen and heard about you, that your reputation will stay ironclad as a decent man.[thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:)

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i do hope one day someone catches up with the real darrel and he goes to jail.. he promised me some rims from gimpys place but he also promised those same rims to many others as well. i hope some progress is being made to bring him to justice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks