• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new uh-1e marine helo.

rideni

Hey kevin where are you picking this up from? Just wondering, If you head back through my next of the woods let me know, I want to see that thing. Else I hope to see it at aberdeen. Or maybe a pilgrimage down to your compound

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Picking it up in PA, It WILL be at Aberdeen!..Stop by anytime for the 10 cent tour!...
Let me know if anyone knows of rocket pods or gun mounts. Not 20k gun mounts..I can have a set made for 3K..
Kevin..

Bill W

Friend of mine had a B model
He let me tow it in a parade once
He posted the tail # at some veterans site and had all kinds of vets call who flew it in Viet nam including a door gunner who got shot in it, the guy told my friend how and where he got shot and my friend found the patches in the cabin roof & door where the round that hit the guy passed through

Attachments

Last edited:

Towerguy1

For some insperation on your project check out our UH-1v. information can be found at our website, includeing our birds history at www.deemi.org or search DEEMI on u-tube.

We have one flying and 2 parts/restorations

ida34

Forget the idea of flying passengers for charity. The liability insurance would be a killer.

Registering it as experimental might or might not be allowed since this would be an attempt at circumventing the original FAA type cert.

Per PART 27—AIRWORTHINESS STANDARDS: NORMAL CATEGORY ROTORCRAFT, there would be a lot of hoops to jump thru, which IMO is not worth the effort.

Your best chance is registering as an Antique. You need to submit paperwork showing that the aircraft is 30 years old or older.

If you make any money at all with it is is considered commercial and there is no way I could see it getting registered as commercial. Even if you just have folks pay for the fuel you would be considered commercial. FAA is pretty clear in this respect.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Guys for the info.
I want to restore this bird correctly. I also was told not to start the engine without the blades hooked up. Too much RPM with no load the engine could explode. I not sure but will check it out..I will lookup CF. and talk to them . I know the marines had a differnet color for their birds than the Army.,.Pretty close im told..Thanks for all the help. I have to get into the 'click' with Huey owners, so i have access to parts and info. I have a Friend who used to work on them volinteer to help me get it up and going. He flew them after he fixed them. So he knows what hes doing..(I hope)..!..
Kevin...

Attachments

combatmech

Did your new toy come with any log books?? If your bird had a Navy Bureau number ( the 155 # ) It should have the old Navy log books with it. That would shed some light as to where it had been.while in the Marines.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nope,
came with no logs, no data plate, nothing. FAA declasified/scraped etc..I know the serial number as listed earler, but i dont know the NB number. Guess it was painted over by the USDA. Wish i could convert the serial number to the 155 Number..to learn some history..
Kevin..

Attachments

combatmech

My bad...151858 sounds like a Navy/Marine buno. No data plates on her at all??? No logs books??? Thats kinda strange. If you dont mind me asking.....Was it bought from a private owner or through another government agency? No log books just...smells of something unpleasant.
Not sure how you'd do it, You could try and contact the Navy and have them look up the buno. The "N" number might be a good place to start. You should be able to look it up on the FAA website.
I worked for a flight museum in Dallas, Tx that had a complete history of their F9 Panther.
Best of luck in your travels and have fun with it!!![thumbzup]

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I want one. Maybe i will wake up in the morning, walk into my back yard and find 25 nice deuces to sell so I can be the other MD guy with a UH-1.. Good find.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cevon, you might be the most crazy collector I have ever met...and that means something coming from a guy that MANY people think is crazy for what I own! Congratulations, Cevon!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
turner surplus in Texarkana wants to trade his running and driving APC for an outdoor display chopper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks