• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new uh-1e marine helo.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks again for the info, starting to put the picture together..Found a ex-marine who lives close by that worked on these for 10years in Irac and in the states. He said we can have it up and running in no time..Guess i can fly around the field..stay below the tree line..hehehe
dont want to have Andrews AFB scramble fighters for a UFO..
Kevin..

Attachments

oldgoat13

I know where the #3 picture was taken I flew it in. N120fc was it's sister ship and a much better ship the hour meter was put in in florida not total time.

Last edited:

charlietango

man that is awesome.. my dream in fact (and apparently a lot of yours too...)

be careful though. I don't want to hear of you getting cut out of that thing.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys,
ordered a really nice helo trailer from vikeing trailers, will have it in 1 month, custom made..will allow me to load and offload my helo. Also could move other helos with rotors in the 204/205 family. maybe others. I will be towing it to as many events as the 'boss' will let me. i just watched 'In the shadow of the blades' realy a neat video. Highly recomend it. I got a great Huey guy from dyna corp. who will check my bird out and make sure i dont forget something, and help me fire it up!..I could use a pilot who can show me ropes and take the bird up just high enough to tell if everything is fine. (vibrations etc).. Thanks for all the info, im leaning alot about it and hope to find someone whos flown in it and knows who maintained it. maybe some pics would be neat to put the history together.
Thanks again..Kevin..
GREAT VIDEO!
**LOOKING FOR THE CORRECT MARINECORE PAINT.

Say 'oldgoat13' can you email me? i would love to call you and talk about her..
decodeme@verizon.net

Last edited:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, on a trailer is the ONLY way I like to see those things, salvaged a couple out of the river in Viet Nam. Led me to believe the egghead engineers were right (aerodynamically incapable of flight) But fly they did, and I owe my life to a couple US Army Warrant pilots who flew them like birds fly. Their gunships busted up a river ambush. Do her justice.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sounds like a fair trade! I will try and make it..I will see if Riv-Rad can bring their Huey..Closer to them than Ripkin..
By the way, i like myne medium-well...Kevin..

pvtjorge

Wow!

I rode on those birds too. Combat assualt missions. 67-68 I believe they were in the 174 Aviation, The Dolphins.

just_enough

i envy you i been looking at hueys for a couple years now cant float the cash, i know a guy in town here has a 47-G and a jet ranger 206 and a local Dr commutes in has MD 500.....someday.....

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks!,
Keep looking, the govertment dosent want private poeple to own them. They crush them all the time. Its nice to be able to save one now and then. Im consider myself lucky to save one from the scrapper!..They bird will never see the scrapper if i can help it..They have to much history to let them get scraped. Im trying to get as much history together as i can,before its gone forever. Lucky ive located a couple pilots that have fly this Huey and its a start. It wil take time and alot of $$ to put together the history and restore this bird for all the Vit Nam vets to appricate and i can raise some $$ for them any way i can ..My dad flew DC3's in Nam, and always talked about feeling alot better when he was around a Huey Gunship. Hopefully i will have some Vit Nam history go with this great Bird...If not, this bird trained numbers of pilots who went on to Nam to serve their country and should be restored as well. Even after serving its country it went on to serve the state of Fl. fighting fires and protecting its people. It should not be tosed aside just as we should not forget or toss our Vets aside. We have alot of making up to do with our vets..This is 1 small price im willing to pay tribute to our Vets and the Great Hueys that dident let them down. The Hueys took them to the war and brought them back, one way or another..I still cant beleive I get to be a cartaker of this great part of our history. When im gone it will be passed on to another Caretaker...
Thanks again for all the help and encourgement you guys have given me..
Kevin..
Attached are pics of what it will look like restored..

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't mean to rain on anyones parade but all this talk of re-registering and flying (just off the ground) is not sound thinking. First off, no semi-sane pilot would do it, it's not registered, has no log books, you don't know the status of the life limited parts or the airframe even. It would not even take an accident just the FAA to find out and that pilot would be done. If their was an accident you both would probably be sued to no end. Helo's have dozens and dozens of life limited parts, they HAVE to be replaced or rebuilt at certain intervals (calendar/ flt hours/ landings etc.). Hard to find out what is due and what has been done without logbooks. Never worked on Hueys, I assume the airframe itself also is life limited. To me this is just like jumping in a deuce straight from GL without looking it over and taking off without any insurance. Now off my soapbox.

68t

Well i am glad you found it, you might can get it flying some day, hope you not missing a lot of parts. that will be the thing that cost so much. but you can paint and make it looks good for a display. i put 15 years working and flying on hueys and blackhawks , i kind of got burned out on them. but if ok take some pictures of the inside and engine, and post them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks