• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine Rally 2010

Boatcarpenter

BillF,
I have a towbar and can get a set of tow lights so I could haul you behind my Deuce for some of the trip.
Also, if we can get Patch to bring his M37, we all may just go 45 or so.
BC

Katahdin

I took the 66' (85' rebuilt) Kaiser 109 for a shakedown run tonight, finally got all the new brake lines and fittings to stop leaking. So far so good, getting the hang of driving it. If things continue to go well I can see myself making the 2.8hr Journey at 45mph.... I should get working on the broken speedo next...

Thought: Cabelas in Scarborough would be a good rally point for a convoy for those heading up from the South.

hilton850

Unfortunately my shift work schedule dictates that I work the weekend of the 19th and 20th of June so there's no way for me to make it to the rally. However, being new and very interested in military vehicles, M35's and their variants in particular, I'd like to meet some of the members in central Maine to learn more and take a look at an actual truck if anyone is willing to take some time to educate me....

On a side note...I know some potato farmers by the name of Crane over in Exeter....

tourus

maine rally

well hello guys great to hear again we are going to get a rally going . this is tourdog . I had to change name long story but any way I was there last year I had the m1010 not much has changed with it been to busy. I am going to plan to go this year as well . hope to see alot of new faces there and maybe alot of sun lol lol .

tourus

rally

tower guy you will have to put up directions like you did last year they wre good found it now promible iall i really rember is not far off rt 43 .

Towerguy1

I will post directions a little closer to time so people wont have to search pages of thread to find them. They can also be found in last years thread.

Katahdin

Just wondering if you guys had any New England sources for new 9.00x20 NDTs? I'd like to swap out a couple questionable tires before traveling too far with the 109.

Towerguy1

Hope to see a good group this year, be sure to spread the word. Even if your MV isn't up for the trip, We'd still like to see ya !!! Working on makeing things a little better this year:grin:

Towerguy1

OK, Now that the big holiday weekend is over, Lets try to ramp up some excitement for the rally. Anyone bringing anything interesting, or have any sugestions? speak up!

nhdiesel

I'm glad to see a rally being planned! I'm Beaubeau's son, and have two deuces myself. I just asked my wife, and she said she would be up for a weekend of fun. Don't worry, she's not a "chick" girl, she's been 4-wheeling and camping with me before. I'm in northern NH, just north of Berlin, so I'd be headed over on Rt. 2.

I have it cushy...the 11.00 highway radials makes long drives easy. The first shakedown run for this truck was the 1100 mile drive home from Kentucky.

Jim

nhdiesel

I have no idea...and he probably doesn't either. I may be bobbing my other one, so maybe we'll bring both of mine. I'll ask him when I talk to him.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks