• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine Rally 2010

Towerguy1

nhdiesel, No problem with the wife, Mine might like someone to talk to other than us guys :D

Im trying to make a little more room available this year as well. Had some fill hauled and should get some more so it wont be too crowded.

I do have more space available if we have a larger group this year......

Bobbed deuces are welcome as long as I can test them out:D

nhdiesel

Injector line finally arrived yesterday, so I swapped that out and this Deuce is running like a champ. So far I have unofficial approval from the wife, so its looking good.

Just to aid in the planning...how does this rally work? I assume we bring everything to be self-sufficient (tent, food, etc.) Is there a fee/donation to cover your expenses, time, land, etc.?

I still have to talk to my father to see if he's going. And looking at the calendar, I guess the other Deuce isn't going to be bobbed by then...I'll be lucky to have the engine replaced at the rate I'm going!

EDIT: I talked to Beaubeau earlier and he said he'll probably be there as well. I have no idea what he would be bringing with him. Maybe my 2nd truck if I can get a chance to get it done.

Jim

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

Mike and all others going,
Am I supposed to be ready to provide breakfast Saturday morning or Sunday?
I'm happy to do Sat.
I need a head count though, so post up if you will be there for breakfast Saturday morning.:grd:
:driver:
BC

Towerguy1

OK, the basic plan is, there is no plan. We gather, talk, trade, eat, Fix the trucks for the return trip, but have fun doing it. That’s not to say we can’t do a convoy for the fun of it, or something else. There is generally a bon-fire Saturday night. May do one Friday as well.

Camping is rather rustic, so bring something to sleep on, in or under. Bring food, drinks etc.
If it rains, I will open up a bay in the shop as I did last year, so we can be dry. I will provide a grill, and electric skillet to cook on.

I've swindled BC into being in charge of Saturday breakfast. So give him a heads up with numbers of people so we can be prepared.

We gather Starting Friday and generally pack up Sunday morning. If you have questions or get lost on the trip my cell is 207-944-7706

The address is
304 Eaton Rd
Exeter, Me 04435

There is no charge; however I may ask for a voluntary donation to help cover BC’s breakfast and improvements for next year.

Feel free to bring things to swap, trade, barter, etc. it only adds to the fun.

tourus

rally

well this is tourdog under an other name tourus but i will be there fri afternoon like last year looking forwartd to it so miuch it will be a releave from live lately been busy but .will be there

Towerguy1

rally direrctions

Directions for those coming from the south from I-95. Get off the Newport Exit (Rt 7) turn left and go straight through the light. Follow Rt 7 into Corinna. In Corinna center Rt 7 makes a fairly sharp left and there are 2 options to turn right. First is Rt 222 an the second is Rt 11 to Corinth. TAKE RT 11 Follow it to the next intersection in Exeter. At the stop sign you will go strait (Avenue Rd) until you cross a small cement bridge. Right there take a left on the dirt road. (Between the Mills Rd) follow it to the end then take a right on the Eaton Rd, just up the hill is my place on the left. Box 321.
Directions from the North. Take Union St (Rt 222) out of Bangor through Hermon and Levant. In Levant Rt 222 eventually makes a left at an intersection but keep going strait (Avenue Rd) You will pass through a short section of Corinth then Exeter. Take a right on the Eaton Rd. Follow it to Box 304 on the right.

Contact number is 207-944-7706

nhdiesel

I thought I was going to have to duck out due to financial reasons, but now it looks like I'll make it. but my wife won't be able to, she has to work. I need to get hold of Beaubeau, hopefully we can head up Friday afternoon. That breakfast by Boatcarpenter sounds good. Guess I have to get a plate for the truck now...been using it locally and haven't bothered lol.

Jim

Boatcarpenter

Hey Jim,
I got a PM from Beaubeau saying that he had to go to a going away party for a friend going in the Marines on Sat. Said he might head up late Sat after the party though.
I will be on the road Friday but as yet I'm not sure of my departure time. Somewhat flexible. Possibly could hook up on the way :driver:
BC

nhdiesel

I talked with him earlier today, but i was still going to head up tomorrow. But I got a call this evening and got an emergency job changing a clutch tomorrow, so the plans changed. Sorry, but I guess I won't be making it. Maybe if the clutch goes smoothly maybe Saturday, but if I had to give a definite yes/no answer I'd have to say no.

Jim

tourus

rally

:beer:well this is it boys it is here yhe rally I will be rolling in late aternoon 5ish I have today off so getty ready service truck get it ready to go then leave so hope to see alot of people there the weater is sopose to be great so lets have funn see everyone soon

Towerguy1

Things look to be dry this year!!!! Ill try to monitor here a couple times a day and I will have my cell on if you guys have any troubles on the way. We might be able to send you a rescue team. Hope to see a good group show up this year!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks