• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crimped aluminum wire numbers

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where to get the crimped aluminum wire numbers?

While chasing out the wires to replace the lights, I found some of the stamped numbers all but impossible to read. I have several parking light leads that need replacing (frayed) and would like to update the tags at the same time.

Thanks!

zout

4x4- What I have used for years is made by 3M Corp.

It is a Red plastic tube that has spools of numerical decals on them.
Like a roll of tape but smaller - with 9 spools in the case. You pull out the number on this tape you need - stick that number on each end of whatever you want to identify. Napa or other body shop supply houses should carry these near youi.

I do not have one here - so I cannot get you the part # or a pic of it.

I have used these for swapping cabs on trucks for air lines and all the electrical lines = or working on a component that had stuff that I did not want to memorize - and these stick really well (but not on items that are full of grease or oil)

Used em for building glider kits from ground up as each section of a truck was getting built.

Then again - if you with to go with what came on the truck as original - then the crimp on numerical tabs come in to play.
But just for working on items as I mentioned - the 3M spool comes in really handy - such as the inverter chargers - transfer box - equalizer - distrtribution box - hot water heater electrical - to tag them as we go along.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the aluminum tabs (link above) and an 1/8" metal stamp kit with numbers and letters...
I think the original crimped on types would also require a special tool for installation. Using a lot of "take-off" wiring, I do end up with a bunch of extra numbers of the crimped-on type, so if you just need a few I may be able to help. Which numbers are you looking for specifically?

Last edited:

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the aluminum tabs (link above) and an 1/8" metal stamp kit with numbers and letters...
I think the original crimped on types would also require a special tool for installation. Using a lot of "take-off" wiring, I do end up with a bunch of extra numbers of the crimped-on type, so if you just need a few I may be able to help. Which numbers are you looking for specifically?
I'll take a look and get back with you on the ones needed Cranetruck. If that does not work, I'll get the tags from saturn, thanks m38, and stamp them as you suggested. Thanks Guys!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good.
BTW, the aluminum tab types are used for add-on kits, like the turn signal kits for the M151 where the tabs must be installed by hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks