• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Active Duty & Reserve SS Member Deployment Status

moleary

I know a lot of the members of our community are active or reserve soldiers (to include service men and women of all branches) and quite a few of you are deployed, heading out soon, or on your way back. In a few cases we have some members who are recovering from injuries received in the line of duty.

I think all of us would like to be able to keep up with how you are doing, when you are leaving, when you're coming back, and how your recovery is progressing - should you be hurt.

Everyone on here cares not only about the MVs but also the drivers! Please let us know who you are and what your status is. Feel free to provide as much information or as little as your OpSec status will allow. If its just - "I'm alive and coming home soon." then that's good enough.

With great thanks and admiration for your service and sacrifice,

Michael

As an afterthought: I'll try to keep a running list of each members status as well as the placement of their most recent update (if they are deployed, soon to be deployed, or recouping) so that anyone that wants to comment and thank our soldiers can do so without worry about burying updates!

Member Status:

dc3coyote: Deploying in June or July '10 for Iraq / Afghanistan (most recent update post #2)

Hartinarmz: Deploying to Iraq in late '10 (most recent update post #5)

shannondeese: Deploying on a WestPAC float in Jan '11 (most recent update post #9)

Stonepicker1: Deployed in Iraq currently (most recent update post #14)

SimpleMindedJohn: Deploying in April '10 to UAE (most recent update post #16)

mr.travo: Medically retiring in Summer '10 - Get better fast! (most recent update post #17)

LTWVARNG: Deploying to Kosovo for 1 year in Dec '10 (most recent update post #19)

Last edited:

dc3coyote

I am deploying either June or July, for Iraq, and will be standing by then for orders to Afganistan. If I am in Afganistan. I should be easy to find being one of two Coasties there, plus I am the go home guy, so when you see me, have some nice things to say since I will be your Customs guy checking your Conex boxes to let you go home.

I will be in Balad Iraq for a majority of my tour most likely, Come say Hi, I tend to stand out among Coasties so I know that I will stand out among the Army. My mid tour break I plan to Visit Scotland.
branan.d.rountree@uscg.mil

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Active duty - nearly 25 years now with 18 months until they make me retire. Seven deployments, six in support of conflict somewhere. No major injuries and no plans to deploy (though I wish I could go again). Riding a desk until they show me the door so unless I slip on this worn out carpet I hope to be in good health until the end.

Thanks for asking and thanks for all those who are serving!

DUG aka ASCS

Active duty for 9 years. One deployment to Iraq in Dec of 03 and one the Afghanistan from JAN 07-APR08. Served as an heavy construction equipment operator and musician with the 82nd ABN for 6 Years (which is where I developed my back and ankle/knee problems) Am currently at Fort Benning, GA with the 283rd Band for another month after which I will be going to school to learn how to be a recruiter for the Army (supposed to be stationed in Las Vegas, NV) 11+ yrs left.

ABN173

I have served both in reserve status as well as as active duty, currently still active duty at FT Lewis, WA.....

1988 USAR 926th ENG as a 31C single channel radio operator
JAN 90 joined active duty 24th INF (M)/124th MI deployed Desert Shield/Storm
JAN 92 reclass to 31D MSE (also commo)
SEP 93 re-enlstment (ABN 11B) scout platoon 3-325th ABCT
JUN 97 ETS
JUN 98 USAR 91B Medic 5th MED GRP B'ham AL
SEP 2000 returned to active duty 11B Vicenza Italy BRC, 173rd ABN BDE (later became 74th LRS)
Aco 1-508th deployed OIF1
JAN 2004 Black Hat (ABN instructor) Dco 1-507
JUN 2006 I went Warrant officer 150U (UAV's) assigned to 3rd BDE 3ID FT Benning, deployed OIF V
JAN 2009-present assigned to 1st SFG FT Lewis WA
eligible for retirement AUG 2012

eraser

Heart filled thanks to all that have served and to all that will. I will stay here keeping the civies safe from them self's while you keep them safe from others (LOL)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RAT4SPD, perhaps, you mentioned this elsewhere. I can't remember. What made you go from Navy to Army? A lot of guys are staunch one way or the other. With that said, I did know a guy who was a Navy Seal who wanted to go to Army Special Forces. He did not make it due to medical reasons. Still...a seriously motivated individual! Regardless, of your reasons, I thank you for your service...as I do the others.

moleary

I know there are a bunch of other SS members that are currently deployed. Since they may have limited access to the site, please feel free to post their user names and if appropriate their deployment status (location / expected return date).

I'll go ahead and add them to the list!

Stonepicker1

Currently my 3rd deployment to Iraq. 28 years Florida Guard (26 DS maintenance / 2 years Transportation) My unit is at Al Asad Air base. I'm in charge of a small detachment at CKV ( close to Jordan) Should be returning around July 1st.
I have made a lot friends here on SS, also met a few SS members on some of my road trips from south Florida to Michigan and Maryland.
below is a picture of me at Al Asad with my M916A3 pulling a fuel tanker. ( KBR truck in background )
Thanks moleary for the thread. :)

Attachments

SimpleMindedJohn

SrA John Bryant here USAF headed to UAE end of April. Been in 3 years Active duty. Hydraulic Sys. Spec on AWACS. I'll be getting my tan on by the inground pool... hardly a rough deployment ahaha! AF has its perks :beer:

5tonpuller

7 years in the State Guard. Engineering unit. I'm still having a blast. Soon to be SSG. We build some of the training sights for the guys n gals to train on before the go over. If these help just 1 to come back alive , it is well worth it for me. Thanks for those that serv and there sacrifice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks