• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Active Duty & Reserve SS Member Deployment Status

ecupirate

Been Infantry in the Army National Guard in NC since 2006, just got back from the beautiful city of Baghdad in February. Its good to be back here in the USA on the good dirt and back to the forums. Still looking for that first MV purchase as we speak.

To all my brothers still there and those about to go, stay alert-stay alive.

filo

I too just got back in Feb. from Tikrit.
I've been in the MN Nat. Guard since 1994 running field artillery radar systems.
3 deployments and still healthy. I've been lucky.

Here's to all the past, present and future volunteers protecting our way of life.

Stay safe!

Stan Leschert

Once you have completed basic and have earned an MOC, that's good enough for me. For those that are still going into Harm's Way, I definately want to know where you are, and how you are doing. Most importantly, I want to know that you got home safe. Take care, and my personal thanks for doing your job. We all are able to sleep better because of you!

Last edited:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Do we retirees count? I did 28 years, 10 months, and 21 days in the Air Force with "deployments" to Germany (twice), England, Turkey, and Korea. During those "deployments," I also had TDY visits to France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Libya, and Morocco. For the last 21 years, I have been a "permanent party" member of the US Air Force Retired Reserve. Would I go back on active duty if recalled? Dang betcha!! My health isn't very good, but I can still fly a desk so someone else can go do the hard part. I wish my military career options were like marriage..."'til death do us part." ;)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes lifer...retirees count IMO!!! We can still do stuff like er......or.......well maybe sumpin.

Heck...we can ride the desks as you said so the younger warriors can do the heavy lifting cause our minds are still good...

Er....wait....what was the question again?? Oh Yeah....:beer:

68t

thanks, for all the post. i am stationed at fort living room now days. i was regular army and then guard, 1962 to 2003, all my old unit,s have been to iraq and A stand. i was blackhawks , and my unit just got back last week from iraq on the second tour. they are bringing me a flag for the vfw post. so hope all will join the vfw and american legion. also buy another military vehicle. , world best hobbie. i a happy camper:grin: 0h ckeck out military. com

wb1895

ecupirate and I were deployed together in the "lovely" city of Baghdad and we returned in February of this year. I have been in the Army for 12 years now, Active, Reserve and now National Guard........

And I FINALLY get to drive a MV without wearing a kevlar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hartinarmz

It has been a while since I have been on. Have been in training since I last had access to a computer. I regret to inform everyone I cannot deploy anymore. Received an appointment to West Point just recently and that cancelled the orders.

jaxsof

Just a reminder, disclosure of future deployments my be a violation of OPSEC, be careful what you release!

Just 2cents from an old SEC guy.

ABN173

It has been a while since I have been on. Have been in training since I last had access to a computer. I regret to inform everyone I cannot deploy anymore. Received an appointment to West Point just recently and that cancelled the orders.
There is nothing wrong with that, you can deploy later as a leader! Just remember one thing its your soldiers and NCO's that will make or break you as a succesful leader, take care of them and they will take care of you too.

Good Luck!
Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks