• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replica 50 cal

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Has anyone one this site built their own 1:1scale replica of a 50 cal? I have seen other sites where this has been done but I was curious if anyone here had built one. I have 2 trucks that I want to put one one and do not want to spend the money to buy one. i did find a site where they have molded models that were reasonable. Over on G503 there are several members who used 50 cal barrels and built some hot looking 50 cals.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the guys in our local club has one with an aluminum receiver and barrel - MUCH lighter than the real thing! he recently converted it to a propane firing simulator. I'll try to find out more when he gets back in town!

gunboy1656

I did YEARS ago for an raft in a race. It was not the best replication, but was good enough.

It was just a block of wood, a rod drilled into it for the barrel, square bolts for the spade grips, a couple sights and finally painted.

It did not have to be the best cause nobody would really be close enough to it to see it.

No I don't have pics, didn't even own a camera back then.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see how build Replica 50 cal my self.
In fact I would not mind buying a real one.
I wish I knew then what I know now I would have purchased a fully operational M60 MG a few years back.

:)

sw

kenny

GL here in San Antonio Texas sales all the time 50,,52 and 56 cal. spent rounds buy the 55 gal. drum.

:mrgreen:When is all the used guns they came from going on auction?

My mistake 5.56 not 50 or 56

Last edited:

ida34

There is a large thread on G503.com about building replicas out of metal. It includes dimensions. Read through that thread and you should have all the info you need to make one that will be extremely accurate. Right now I use a resin one that I bought off ebay.

B3.3T

$1200 for IRACinc replica vs. $5500.00+ for semi. Replica: no worries where you go or who messes with it, one quarter the weight, doesn't matter if it sits in the rain. To some, a semi isn't real, anyway.

chucksA1

I've buit 2 MGHBs so far. I followed the plans on the G503 board (I have a '42 Willys MB). The first one was best described
as a "10-footer". Looked good on my Jeep - unless you knew the weapon well or got much closer. I sold that one and made
enough to buy some real parts (right-side charging plate, Laser cut handles, charging lever, etc. ). The plans are easy
enough to follow. I'm using a resin barrell and the weapon still weighs more the 50 lbs.

The second gun is more of a "6-incher". I'm working on the belt pawl bracket, but that is all. I have a demil' barrel if I ever go to propane.

Its a fun build (have pretty good welding skills, but MAD grinding skills). it'll cost you about $200 in steel.

Go for it!

49T&C

flyxpl

Thier is a guy that sell the stencils to build one out of plastic . The good thing about a replica is you can actually drive and show your truck with the replica on it . I would not try that with a live weapon if you intend on keeping it . I do not think you will find a ready to fire M2HB for $ 5500 anymore .
$1700 for steel replica
About $2700 for propane firing
My cat loves deer jerkey , she is hunting in the pic

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

The prices aren't too bad for those replicas. Be careful even with nonworking replicas. Even a fake gun that looks real can get you busted for brandishing a weapon, depending on where you are.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The prices aren't too bad for those replicas. Be careful even with nonworking replicas. Even a fake gun that looks real can get you busted for brandishing a weapon, depending on where you are.
Right now I am very leary about riding around with my 50 cal replica on my truck. The political climate is very anti-gun. However, by Aberdeen all will be well. Maybe with it being so cold, is the real reason I am not out riding around with my 50....

Attachments

L999here

...gun-friendly...?

As a type #7 FFL Mfg.,I built (5) REAL M2HB's and have a FA one also. You can build a real semi for about $5K...and it's legal in all states except Hawaii and NJ. Even CA has not banned a belt-fed,crew served air-cooled,tripod mounted M2HB. In IN...we can carry,display anything. I've got no qualms about my FA M2HB on top of my FV432,Ferret or the 1943 half track. Avoid the rush...move to IN. Is it any wonder why we did not loose any house seats and gained population...?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks