• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volvo NL10

M35A2

Here is a picture of a Volvo NL10 tractor unit. This is one of the trucks I used to drive when I was with the United Nations. It was a good truck, but you can't see for yards in front with the big bonnet in the way.

The truck next to it is a Bedford MJ 4 tonner. This is the standard 4 ton truck used by the British Army. They have been used for years and were being sold off in large numbers. Then Gulf 1+2 happened. The Army bought a lot of the trucks back from the dealers and put them into a service extension programme along with the trucks they never sold off. They are still the backbone of the 4 ton fleet. They are a very good truck, quite good on fuel and easy to work on.

Attachments

Desert Rat

M35,

If you think the hood on that GM Volvo is hard to manage then try an International 8900 long nose! Better yet an Autocar! I had the distinction of driving a 1963 Autocar in the yard once (note: ONCE!). I never tried it again.

M35A2

Desert Rat said:
M35,

If you think the hood on that GM Volvo is hard to manage then try an International 8900 long nose! Better yet an Autocar! I had the distinction of driving a 1963 Autocar in the yard once (note: ONCE!). I never tried it again.

LOL......... Yeah, it probably sounds weird to you guys. But all the trucks I drive are flat nosed. The roads are small compaired to yours in the States.

That was the first tractor unit I drove with a big bonnet. But I eventually got used to it. It prepared me for my REO. (When I get it)

Desert Rat

We call them cab-overs or cabin-overs, always the first at the scene of a wreck. I drove one for a while but grabbed the first conventional that came my way.

rmgill

DR, if you think the US cab overs are hairy, you should see some of the older British trucks with their very roomy and open font cabs.

rizzo

My M810 has a long nose too. Reminds me of my 1988 Freightliner that had a long hood. they are about the same size hood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks