• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where do you buy tracked vehicles?

cessnatwin

I never see tracked vehicles up for sale, maybe they are and I am not looking in the right places! I figure there is probably no better place or people to ask than the members here at steel soldiers. I really do not have an exact preference as to what a would like to buy mostly due to the fact I do not know what is out there on the market. If anybody knows please tell me. I am sure many of us out there would be interested in this information.

Stalwart

I have a supplier in England and I then imported them. My M42A1 Duster I found locally from a guy who traded with a National Guard Museum. I later traded the M42 for a V100. :sad:

Tracked armor can be expensive to purchase and operate.

tractor

I have access to US WWII tanks armored cars and other tracked vehicles. I can line you up with a Stuart tank for 220,000 or M8 greyhound for 64,000. I have access to weasels, American version of the bren carrier T17 and a lot of other stuff

FrankUSMC

Most of the tracked vehicles, get a one way ticket to the bombing range and never make it to DRMO.
You can still find the older tracked vehicles but it is expensive.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

Sorry, I should have told where to find tracked vehicles like you were asking in your post.
Try David Uhrig at www.armyjeeps.net
He is a military vehicle broker and most of the time has about 2 pages of tracked vehicles for sell.
Good luck, I am on my second halftrack at this time.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Wolf.Dose

If you ask the net, there are several dealers in Europe, especially in Britain and Germany where you can purchaise Ttracked vehicles, armoured or non armoured. It is just a matter of how many you like to spend.
A Ferret is avilable from 8000 Euro up. A Saracen from 10000 up, a Fox from 10000 up, allways depending on the condition of the vehicle.
The price for a T34 I do not know, however such and simelar vehicles are also for sale from several at least british dealers.
Greetings from the old world
Wolf

Carl_in_NH

MV Magazine always has classified ads for various tracked vehicles - some from folks mentioned above, as well as others. Tracked vehicles are not for the typical deuce owner that likes how inexpensive the vehicles are and how easy parts are to find. I keep thinking about a halftrack - but that's only the beginning; you've got to trailer it - so there's an entire tow rig and trailer to include in the operating costs.

Wolf.Dose

As far as I read the post, at least nobody said that tracked vehicles ar a cheep hobby. Wheeld armour is a little easier to handle. However over a 100 inches width you will have problems on the road you never heared of. That is an other world of road use.
Tracked is something over it, as long ist is over 100 inch wide. And there is the track problem with its livetime. As said before, you need a siutable rig to howl it and of course the necessary coins to pay it.
Wolf

moleary

I'd suggest calling Zack Carey. He's got a fully functional Sherman tank that I suspect he's not getting a lot of use out of right now, considering the cost of fuel and his fishing hobby (he's a retired CSM).

The tank went through a COMPLETE restoration in the 80's and was in great shape. It does however have some damage after being hit with a bazooka in Georgia during a little altercation with a local sheriff down there. If you ever run into Cyrus Buelton make sure you tell him thanks for messing up a nice piece of history.

Anyway - aside from the damage to the left rear track and a bit of mayhem in the engine compartment (all very repairable - may have since been fixed already) this is one sweet vehicle. I believe Zack is in one of the gulf coast states. I'm assuming of course that he is still alive, if not I would imagine that his son Billy has the tank now.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks