• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sale 4991- EUCs stuck at GL?

Thanks, wikallen:

Just wondering, should I go check on the vehicle every once in a while? I went about a month ago and everything was as it should be. I'm just wondering if these vehicles are subject to having parts "appropriated".

LC
3 months after it gets sent to Battle Creek.
Well, according to the calendar, my info has been at Battle Creek for 48 business days (it was sent to BC on March 9), so I guess I still have some time before I need to worry.

I think I will make an appointment to take a look at the truck next week, though. I hope no one has appropriated anything from it, like the battery tray.

LC

lw50mg

I picked up my generator last week. It was missing the fire extingusher(it was on in photo). Also no batteries(Idon't know if they were there). BTW it runs great and the guys at Pickitinny were great.:beer:

Well, I have called GL Monday and Tuesday of this week and finally got a call back today. The woman at Beauregard was not very helpful, wanting to know why I want to go and inspect the property. I told her that I would like to do so since it has been 3.5 months since I won the auction. Still kept giving me a hard time, but said she would call Beauregard and find out when I could make an appointment with them.

Is it normal to get such a runaround and rudeness from GL employees? The deeper I get into this the more I think I should have just gone private sale.

If these guys were in the private sector this behavior would never be tolerated.

LC

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have called GL Monday and Tuesday of this week and finally got a call back today. The woman at Beauregard was not very helpful, wanting to know why I want to go and inspect the property. I told her that I would like to do so since it has been 3.5 months since I won the auction. Still kept giving me a hard time, but said she would call Beauregard and find out when I could make an appointment with them.

Is it normal to get such a runaround and rudeness from GL employees? The deeper I get into this the more I think I should have just gone private sale.

If these guys were in the private sector this behavior would never be tolerated.

LC
I have worked with Linda and crew at Ft Polk for years now and trust me they are the cream of the crop when it comes to GL employees. She is not at Camp Beauregard, but at Ft Polk, one hour away. Linda has to get the LANG guys to do the loadouts at the "yard behind the prison", and those guys are very busy with other duties defending the nation. Your truck is hopefully one of the trucks locked up behind a fence and should be OK. Linda is of course worried that you will strip parts from other trucks when nobody is looking, which explains her reluctance to let you in there just to spectate.

You will be very happy with your truck once your paperwork clears. The LANG does a good job with PMs and paint.

Thanks, NDT, I appreciate the helpful reply. I knew that they handle both locations, I've bought a few things from Ft. Polk before, just nothing that required an EUC. Not sure who I talked to, she didn't give a name. I just didn't think it would be a big deal. I am not going to just look around, I'd like to make sure the truck doesn't have more parts missing off of it.

Unfortunately, unless they have moved it, my Deuce is in the open area before you get to the enclosed and locked area. When I first inspected it, someone had already absconded with the battery box.

LC

I was tired of waiting for the EUC to clear on that sale, wrote info@govliquidation.com, and told them to refund my money when it was 60 days. They cancelled the sale and had a full refund credited back to me in two days. The XM813 at Redstone is the relisted item.
I don't blame you for that. The thing is, I got a pretty good deal on this one, and would like to keep it if nothing else goes missing.

The lady said she was going to check with the folks at Beauregard and get back to me, but it sure did not sound promising.

LC

Since you have waited this long, and if you really want that particular deuce, it might pay to practice playing extremely patient. If you are tired of having nothing to show for your money, I would demand a refund. Who knows, it might sell cheaper after being relisted (doubtful, but possible), and the second time around, I would imagine the EUC would magically sprout wings and have great speed. When I had 4991 cancelled, there was another sale about a month behind it where I had won 4 deuces. That EUC Magically became approved the day after I received the refund for sale 4991.
It will be interesting to see if the XM813 @ Redstone that ends it's sale tomorrow will fetch a higher bid the second time around. My final bid back with 4991 was $3900 for that 5-ton, and right now it is sitting at $3275. My guess is it will go up in price since more and more people are finding out about GL.com. There are a couple of M1009s in MS right now that end tomorrow, and right now their prices range form $1140 to $2k. I bought one a couple of years ago that was not in quite as nice of shape, but was still very saveable, and my final bid was $411.00 :)

Last edited:
Went to Beauregard on Tuesday, June 1. No parts missing, everything looks the same. The Sergeant there was very helpful, told me that once I get my paid invoice, they will provide a Humvee with slave cable to assist in cranking up the Deuce. So, now, all I have to do is pray my sale doesn't get cancelled, it is now 62 business days since my info was sent to Battle Creek.

LongueCarabine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks