• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Bridge Plate #

saddamsnightmare

February 21st,2010.

Shootiniron:

According to David Doyle's book, 11, 16, C-24 is the best I can come up with, but there is an U.S.Army document that gives the weights for the bridge numbers for each application.

This is, of course, an educated guess on my part as I will have to dig around for the aforemented document on vehicle weights and capacities....;-)

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:cool:

emr

the M series 2and a 1/2 ton gasser was a 6, the multis are an 8, I would think the rounded off even number above gross vehicle weight, ? just a guess.......that is what i have done to my five tonners,

Wolf.Dose

Bridge weight plates are classified according a big lot of manuales all over the world in any Army.
Basicaly the say the vehicle gross weight in tons rounded to the next highter value, if a road load of maximum of 5 tons per meter or 4513 lbs per feet are not exceeded. If the vehicle tows a trailer, they allways have to show the maximum of the laden towing vehicle and the maximum of the towed trailer.
For a Deuce this will mean, depending on the version: unladen for example 8, laden 11, with trailer C 15.
For a M715 this means unladen and laden it is allways 4, with trailer C 06.
Jeeps with the M100 / M416 trailer or simmelar do not count (exept in the British Army), for there is no bridging equipment that can not carry a Jeep with trailer.
Hope this helps to understand the system.
Wolf

Rix52m37

ps192_p38_39_Bridge_Plates.jpgHey Cranetruck can you tell me what issue of PS this is from? The link is dead. I would like to print out a large copy to display with my M37

It's not necessarily the actual weight, but how the weight is distributed on the axles the way I understand it. My 8-1/2 ton xm757 8x8 has an empty classification of "7".
This PS mag article has other references: Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like he hasn't been on the site since 6/4/18.

Anyone heard from Bjorn lately?

Rix52m37

Hey I just want to let you know that I found the PS issue. Now to print out the info for a poster for display with my truck . It is issue 192 1968. Good article for those that want to learn about bridge plates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks