• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Run of AFV 1/35 M35A2 21/2t Cargo Truck

A new run of M35A2's (Cargo Truck are now available). They are the 1/35 Scale by AFV and can be ordered by going to Hobby Search. The item code is:AF35004.Store code is:10106472. I am in the understanding that there are only a limited run of 2,000. Someone on SteelSoldiers had this information a while back but I can't remember who. Anyway thank you for the information. The cost was 5820 Yen which includes shipping from Japan. U.S. cost includng shipping is $64.22 for where I live.Mine will be arriving in the mail by Wednesday. Hope this information is useful to the meembers in SteelSoldiers. Another website to check is: M35A2 2-1/2t Cargo Truck (Plastic model) AFV CLUB Import

waayfast

Elk, congrats on the model! I will probly get one later,right now I'm in the process of finishing up a truck model(Kenworth).This is a kit I started a while back and after seeing your post about the M35a2,decided to finish it.This also gives me some practice before tackling a Deuce.;-)
Good thing I did--I have learned that model building as everything else in this country seems to have been "new aged",dumbed down,whatever you like to call it.The "old" glue has been replaced by the"new"snif proof glue so the kids can't get high with it.
You can still get the "real" stuff, you just gotta make sure you get it and not the new stuff, because the "new" style crap is just that--CRAP! Do not ruin your investment by trying the "new" crap! It truely does blow.Takes forever to set up and then does NOT hold--you get to build it Twice--ask me how I know this!aua Hope this helps, Jim

WarrenD

Over the years, I've found that a combination of Tenax 7R and super glue cover 99% of the situations I encounter when building. (No, you don't mix them, the Tenax is a solvent based liquid and the super glue is for things that need a quick attach and/or non-plastic parts.) For clear plastic, only use Elmers or white glue as it dries clear. Super glue will fog clear plastic and liquid is just too easy to mess up.
I usually build in sub-assemblies, anything that is going to get painted the same color gets put together before painting, at least as much as possible. That cuts down on touch up painting.
For AFV's M35A2, you'll want tweezers and lots of patience.

littlebob

LuckyModel.com - Finest Plastic Model Kits and Accessories has them for 22.00 plus shipping. I've used then quite a few times over the last 5-6 years!
I've wanted one for a while, just not on my high priority list. just got e-mail from the AFV Club that they finally had one for $36 and looked here to see what everyone else is doing. 1:35 AFV Club M-35A2 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Truck #35004 -- Sprue Brothers Models LLC Online Store Too bad I just found out I probably have to buy a clutch for JR's dirtbike.

Sprue Brothers Models shows sold out on 3-31-2010! I ordered from LuckyModel over a week ago, but have seen nothing yet in the mail.
if it was sent airmail it's 7-14 days for them usually.

the other thing was it listed as "in stock" or "available"? I know mine hasn't shipped as I ordered some other stuff with it and only got 3/6 items last week.
and the 3 I'm waiting for are (including the truck) are listed as "available".

They;re usually cheaper but can sometimes take a little while for stuff to get here. Models are one of my hobbies, and I have quite a few stockpiled in the basement.

WarrenD

How would PVC cement work for this? Anybody tried it?
Not at all, it would be a mess. Plastic models are styrene and need a glue with enough bite, but not too much. I've seen the results of using the wrong glue=warped and/or melted pieces. With the prices on kits these days, a few bucks for the proper glue seems a no-brainer.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was looking on ebay for 1/35 that I could not live without ( guess I have to since I found about $2000 worth), while looking I found 2 maybe 3 different m35s, a m49 and 2 different deuce gun trucks, also found 3 different 5t gun trucks, a sandbox guntruck, and 2 different mules

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks