• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Employee Damages My M1009 & Insists I Pick It Up

lilymonster

Yes they will. G.L. loves the veil of the "unknown". This is their trump card and is an essential part of how they make their money. As you said, FireFighterHill, they will just relist it as "ran when parked" and make just as much, if not more. Some other poor sap will buy that one and get a nasty surprise when they do to pick it up. Meanwhile, there is no justice or compensation for the guy who got screwed in the first place (waste of time, money, gas, inconvenience) or the second buyer who has deal with the damaged vehicle. So everyone loses. Except G.L. They get off scott free. And this is fair? I thought our founding fathers established that the sale of government property was supposed to be done in a fair and transparent manner to the public. I guess I thought wrong.

airmech3839

My deuce came out of Richmond about a year ago and it had a forklift hole in the radiator... some idjit decided to push it on the trailer with the fork blades and one blade slipped off the winch and right into the radiator.... well I got a new radiator in it when the guy I bought it from took the winch off...

Those richmond guys love thier fork lifts!!

usafe7ret

The reason they get away with it is because people are so willing to accept it as a "way of doing business" with GL. If more people stood up and said this ain't right, and started hounding management, then things could change for the better.

The ready willingness of some to bend over and take it just amazes me. So they blackball you for something like this? The Base Commander is not going to like answering your congressman's questions because an agency on his base/post is being a douche.

GL is in the biz to make money. You can't continue to make money if your customer base gets PO'd at you and starts demanding their money back because a few loose screws keep causing problems.

After two or three email exchanges a certified letter from an attorney typically gets much more attention, much faster, than most any typical customer would.

Maybe I am missing something here. The truck had a bent tie rod or two? In dollars that is a very small issue. If the rest of it was OK I would have fixed it and been happy it was not worse.

I have 20+ years in general vehicle repair. I do get the issue that it was damaged after the sale. The one guy had a good point straighten it out or replace it. No biggie.

e

Chief_919

After two or three email exchanges a certified letter from an attorney typically gets much more attention, much faster, than most any typical customer would.

Maybe I am missing something here. The truck had a bent tie rod or two? In dollars that is a very small issue. If the rest of it was OK I would have fixed it and been happy it was not worse.

I have 20+ years in general vehicle repair. I do get the issue that it was damaged after the sale. The one guy had a good point straighten it out or replace it. No biggie.

e
Add in the cost of an alignment as well. When you replace a worn one you can do it and leave the wheels set the same, no big deal. When it is bent so that there is huge toe-in, you won't get it right until it gets onto an alignment rack.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im sure it had its problems but I wish we could just go back to buying strait off the base and not dealing with these greedy contractors!

philjafo

Add in the cost of an alignment as well. When you replace a worn one you can do it and leave the wheels set the same, no big deal. When it is bent so that there is huge toe-in, you won't get it right until it gets onto an alignment rack.
Always did toe-in alignment with a tape measure and never had any problems with them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks