• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Command Car story WC56

Eric's hifim37

First off thank you all for the nice replies about my WC56,

When I was little I became indulged to someday own a Command Car, I grew up in the L.A. area and "back in the day" my family would go to Universal Studios. There on the "back lot" tour I saw a hurt looking Command Car, I would dream of getting it and fixing it up. Well I grew up and I still wanted a Command car but had to settle for the M37 "they used to be affordable" then when I first moved to Barstow I met a guy that said he had a Command car and I could have it, I was jazzed. Then I went to pick it up and it had been made into a Forklift :cookoo: and was a piece of dung but I brought it home anyway and stripped the usable parts off of it and kept them for 15 years. Then I came across the Command car in the pictures below and I could afford so I bought it. I was searching on the net one evening and there was a site that had a picture of the Universal studios back lot and would you believe it, it was the same Command Car I saw as a kid ! and to make it better it needed a new cowl and I had one from the wreck I brought home 15 years prior ! So the last picture is the same Command car after I worked my @ss off on it for 2 years, I am going to tear it down to restore it here soon.

Pretty cool story I think, but I now have my Command Car and I digg it ;)

Eric..

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No pics of the fork lift mod?! I love to see pics of the "bubba hacks". Your MV is awesome. I would be afraid to drive it.

Eric's hifim37

Thanks for the repies !

I found these pictures the other day, I am having trouble with my computer so I'll post more pictures as I can. My C/C looks better in pictures than in person right now, I need to take it compltely down so I can repair it correctly. Right now I am having as much fun as I can with it due to it will be apart probally a couple of years when I restore it. I am in the "obtaining parts" stage so as I get a nice part I install it so when I have enough stuff I'll do it. I do things this way to keep it affordable for me, besides I will get all the driving out of my system so I won't miss it to much while it is torn down.

Eric..

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Awe, Sharp eye. As I stated prior I am going to restore this vehicle and I had semi OD on my shielf so I woundn't want to waste the proper O.D. when sand blasting is around the corner,

It does look great in the semi though, :driver:

Eric..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks