• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with power steering pump

06streetrod

Just pick up a new power steering pump, and i don't think i got the right one. the new one won't even mount right. as you can see in the picture, the mounting holes in the old one are canted, and the new one has them straight up and down. also, there is one less tube on the side to mount one of the hoses.

Has anyone else came across this problem? I've been reassured by a couple different vendors that i do have the correct pump for the vehicle.

Also, does anybody know where to get replacement pulley's? already tried oreilly's, autozone, advanced autoparts, NAPA, and the dealer.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the right pump but wrong housing. Where did you get it and what application did you get it for? Did you ask for the deisel engine pump?

ctmustang

tell us what's wrong with the original pulley. They are not available in the aftermarketworld. It is not the rite pump. take it back. Like stated above get the one for the diesel. take the old pump with you and get the rite one.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

ctmustang

did you know you can also take most of the parts -starter- ps pump-master cyl-inj pump -hydra boost- alternator- etc to NAPA and have them send it off and have it rebuilt. We use a local parts chain called Auto Supply Co. to do this for us.Just my 2cents
CT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks