• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new chapter of mvpa in louisiana meeting

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just found out there is a new chapter of mvpa.. la motor pool club.... their are meeting at dons seafood in hammond la tomorrow saturday.. 400 till 600.. i plan on making the meeting and see what its all about

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tim...MVPA Chapters, State SS Rallys etc are all good...maybe...let me explain.
Folks only have so many assets, so much time and so much desire to devote to these events.
We seriously considered...and even contacted the MVPA about starting a South West GA MVPA Chapter but we quickly backed down due to issues like event insurance, timing of the events...etc., etc,.

It's the same with the SS Rallys...
I think we ALL want to attend and participate in every rally we can...but there is that time/money/ability thingy always present.

I thought about having a SW GA Rally here at my place for us folks over this way...but that would possibly detract from the GA SS Rally...which is actually a regional rally cause more folks from outside GA attend than GA fellers.

Just some food for thought...is it better to have several rallys/MVPA events in a State with a few folks attending...or is it better to go regional and hope for a larger attendance base?

I don't know the answer to that question...so let's hear some input:
:idea:

boomer

Folks only have so many assets, so much time and so much desire to devote to these events.
We seriously considered...and even contacted the MVPA about starting a South West GA MVPA Chapter but we quickly backed down due to issues like event insurance, timing of the events...etc., etc,.

I think we ALL want to attend and participate in every rally we can...but there is that time/money/ability thingy always present.

I thought about having a SW GA Rally here at my place for us folks over this way...but that would possibly detract from the GA SS Rally...which is actually a regional rally cause more folks from outside GA attend than GA fellers.

Just some food for thought...is it better to have several rallys/MVPA events in a State with a few folks attending...or is it better to go regional and hope for a larger attendance base?

:idea:[/quote]

INPUT: As for (not) making every event due to time, money & coflicting event (you forgot that one), it's a given.
With the rest, OK, you want to let us know you tried to have a show. But did not happen- due to people, and the other reasons (you mentioned).
It seems you are not aware. Depending on the situation, and on the above, you can have one, on one week(end), and the others can follow on the next week(end) or month. Thatway a person can make yours, or the other. Or both.
Or join with the others, and have one big one.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no im not in any way helping with this organizing of this chapter... it was just a shock thing to me really.. that they are based in my area.. have their meetings less than 10 miles from my house and have 40 members with mvs and i dont know a one of them... so im going to the meeting with the intent of seeing some trucks.. and meeting some mvers that are right in my back yard.. i might join and i might not.. have to see. but i always am looking for new freinds. roflwith od green trucks

ARYankee

Tim...MVPA Chapters, State SS Rallys etc are all good...maybe...let me explain.

:idea:

I would say variety and options are a good thing because like you said you can't always make it to every event. My thinking is you have more event options to attend so that way if you have to work or can't make it to one then possibly you can make it to one of the others. Plus some clubs focus on certain types of events or activities, at least if there is an option of clubs then you could pick what best fits what you want to do. I know the trailer queen MVPA club here in Arkansas only plans 2 major events a year that occur partially during the work week and focuses on only patriotic and veterans events. Now there is nothing wrong with that but I know there are folks out there that want to do other events as well such as community, charity, maintenance days,campouts just to name a few. I've taken it upon myself to start my own club here in Arkansas because I wanted more options when it came to events along with a better support network. I've left membership open to anyone who would like to join. Now this is all just my 2cents

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well it was fun.. meet some nice guys all with great interests in mv's we have know the same guys for years but have not meet up with each other. no pics.... as i was the only one that brought a truck.. mike from hammond a ss member and i were the new ones.. and around 8 other guys came and had a nice meeting.. were interested in having some great times this summer and coming to my the la ss rally..

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they are planing a rally drive run the first weekend in may up to alexandria to the old 82 airborne museum( i think) but im sure of the date being the 7th of may. those guys have been going to the mobile rally for years and i have seen them but didnt know they were from la.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes some in baton rouge. i meet a super nice guy from deham springs in the middle of a 60K plus restore on a halftract that was in germany during the war. he comes to all the meetings.. he owns a tow/recover bussiness. if you want some info on him as he would love to have visitors i can pm you his number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks