• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rolling Sculpture Car Show in Ann Arbor Michigan JULY 14

ida34

I just mailed in my registration form for the Rolling Sculpture Car Show in Ann Arbor, MI on July 14th. Anyone familiar with Ann Arbor will tell you that it is the place Hippies go to be Hippies again. Just a few weekends ago they had the Hash Bash. A few weeks before the car show they have a "green fair" that is a car show for alternative fuel and low emission vehicles. The show I am talking about mostly has muscle cars. The closest thing they usually have to MV is an old staff car painted olive with the stars on the doors. The show is kind of out of character for the tree hugger area and is actually pretty cool for gear heads. I hope to get a good response for my Deuce. I hope to have a ring mount and fake m2 by then. I will probably be lucky to get my winch mounted by then. I think paint is out of the question until the fall.

Has anyone else taken their MV to a real car show instead of a MV event? If so what was the reaction?

I took my Deuce to a local car show and all I did was Windex the windows and arrive fashionably late.
Once I had it backed in and parked I opened the hood, the doors and the back flap of the cargo cover and lowered the tailgate.

The whole parking lot vacated their Corvettes, Porsches, T-birds, and Street Rods and came to look at the big green truck. One guy even left and brought back his Mutt to park alongside.

They love them. Prepare to answer a lot of questions, especially:

Where/how did you get it?

What are you going to do with it?
ans: Make people like you drool over it. :lol:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Im going to put my duece and H1 into a local high school car show that my work is sponsoringin mid-May. It will be my first car show but I will be working so I wont be able to see how much fan fare they create.

ida34

I am a beat cop near where this car show is so I am usually working. I am taking the day off to be able to attend. I will take my bike and ride around to see the other cars. I ride a bike on duty so I am wondering why I don't just go to work that day and get paid.

m35a2cowner

MV at Car Show

I took mine to a car show last year and people loved it. It stood out as the one vehicle kids and anyone else could touch. While the car owners hid behind ropes and barriers with polishing cloth in hand I let anyone who wanted to climb behind the wheel and have their picture taken. I endlessly explained what all the levers and switches did and was always rewarded by a wide eyed wow from the kids. There was even a cruise part of the show and the kids delighted in the black smoke and roar of the engine. I picked up a few neighbors and a woman (former National Guard) who wanted her daughters to know what it was like to ride in a Deuce just like mom. With Old Glory flying we were well saluted the entire length of the cruise in. I even won an award for most hard to miss. I have my application in for this year. I recommend you go, people will love your truck. Scrapes and dents are always looked upon as signs of her loyal hard service to our country!

Attachments

FrankUSMC

You will have a blast! The biggest trophy I have was at a car/truck show that I took first place.....the guy next to me in a custom pick up (he did not even start it, the truck is winched into and out of the enclosed trailer) took second....his paint job cost more than my truck!
Get ready for some great war stories from the veterans. Do let them crawl in the cab, and be by themselfs for a few minutes.
One of the few, Frank

67Beast

I took both my deuce and my M715 to a local 4x4 show. They drew quite the crowds around them and I must have answered a million questions over the coarse for the day. The .50 cal on the M715 was a big hit as everyone wanted to climb in the bed and have thier picture taken like they were shooting it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks