• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Filter Numbers

halftrack

M939A2 Filter/Part Numbers Crossover

For all you M939A2 guys out there, Here is a quick reference for filter numbers when it comes time to change you filters. Here are the pics with the filter numbers for the oil filter, fuel filter, and tranny filter.

Attachments

Last edited:

halftrack

Alright, here is another part number out there for something that is always missing, cut wires, or just broke when you get a M939A2 project. It is the Fuel cut-off solenoid. BE CAREFUL, there is one out there that is part number 3921978 that is identical to part number 3921980 (the correct one) except it is 12 volt not 24 volt. 3921980 (24 volt) is the correct one for the M939A2 trucks. This ran me $200. I believe you can find them from some surplus dealers if they have them for about $150. This one is new and Made in USA not China like some after market ones.

Attachments

halftrack

Here is another one for you. This time it is the FAN ACTUATOR VALVE. These are becoming harder to come by. Only one surplus dealer had one. This one however was purchased from a fan speciality place named Superior Turbo and Injection located in Detroit, MI. The actuator is made by EVANS, one of the original suppliers to the gov't. They almost exclusively only sell to the gov't now and not too many civy trucks use an air activated actuator. The part number is EV CA0180. 180 being the tem. at which it opens. Price is $143.92 The big dealers don't have them unless they lied to me. The aluminum back is not exactly the same as the original, however, it does the same job.

Attachments

Last edited:

halftrack

Alright, here is some more parts that may be missing off a M939 / M939A2 truck when you get. Here are the replacements. The rear brake relay valve was about $15 if I recall. I can't remember at the moment the price for the belt. In any case they are comon truck parts. Here they are.

Trailer Parts Superstore - R-12 Style Relay Valve, #034026

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is another one for you. This time it is the FAN ACTUATOR VALVE. These are becoming harder to come by. Only one surplus dealer had one. This one however was purchased from a fan speciality place named Superior Turbo and Injection located in Detroit, MI. The actuator is made by EVANS, one of the original suppliers to the gov't. They almost exclusively only sell to the gov't now and not too many civy trucks use an air activated actuator. The part number is EV CA0180. 180 being the tem. at which it opens. Price is $143.92 The big dealers don't have them unless they lied to me. The aluminum back is not exactly the same as the original, however, it does the same job.
The shutter stat valve is a common thing and should be avable as I just picked one up for my 920.

Rattlehead

I posted these on another post awhile back, but since this one is stickied I will repost.

Oil Filter Fleetguard LF734

Fuel Filter Fleetguard FS1251

Trans Filter (spin-on) Fleetguard HF35323 (replaces HF35042 - obsolete)
(PH3519 in parts TM)

Hydraulic Winch Filter WIX 51467
(PF297 in parts TM)

Air Filter Military part only, same as M809. Do not use NewStar, which claims as replacement for Mil #11604545, but has hole in clean end and 1/3 of available element is shrouded by metal banding.

Other

Serpentine belt Goodyear #4080675 (8PK1715)
Zerostart block heater Zerostart P/N 8601860
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have validated all of the above.

Rattlehead

I am looking for the power steering filter element, does anyone have a mil one for sale or a cross reference to a civvy filter? In the TM, it is part number ER 92814 (part of kit # ERS-28001)

The spread sheet on hear says napa 1537 for the A2 the filter looks to be too small in diameter and it say air filter is 3472 witch is a fuel filter/water separator.

Last edited:

CPDOG

hi

I have a m923a2 and have replaced the fuel filter on the engine then I noticed a larger one just behind the drivers wheel that the tech manual says only applies to a m923a1? in the tech manual it states that to change this filter to open the drain and isolate the valve from the tank....did this but the valve in question has had its valve stem removed and capped (fuel free flows thru valve body). the filter still functions as advertised. so 2 questions 1. has anyone seen this set up? 2. if it is a hybrid of some sort, does anyone have the correct filter part # for the a1 style filter?

thank you all for the assistance.

Hawssie

The larger Fuel filter is a Wix 33401 or Napa 3401. By the way if you didn't know already Napa and Wix are identical with identical part numbers except Napa drops the first number from the Wix number. The first numbers help designate the type of filter with 3s being fuel and 5's being hydraulic or oil. etc.

CPDOG

hawssie

thanks bro.
I got it replaced, I later found out form another area on this site that during their overhauls, they sometimes added this a1 filter to the a2 trucks.

thank again for the input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks