• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C Retrofit Kits

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the middle of installing my kit from Dilvoy in my M915. This is a dream kit, trust me. 24 volt, slab condenser, high quality. The compressor is intended to go on the passenger side, which is perfect for a G742 deuce.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note that the deuce cab will need about 30,000 BTU to cool it in Texas summers unless you insulate it and plug all the air leaks where hot engine air gets in, and also you ought to be sure the windows seal well to the cab. What is the BTU rating of the kit? Probably close enough. Very nice! Now that I sold my M35.

runk

Already done most of the cab sealing, still need to install the boots and new weatherstripping. Then heat and sound insulation (it's amazing how much difference that makes, even without A/C, in our old Triumph sports cars), then the A/C.
But, I've got to pull the radiator to fix a pinhole leak (caused by the broken off stub of the winch lockout), so I want to play around with condenser placement options. With the winch, it is going to challenging to make enough room to use the engine fan ! Backup plan is electric fans, either with remote mounting for the condenser, or replacing the engine fan.

zout

nopics

OK you guys are killing me. I know ac systems and really want to see what you have done with your installs into your Deuce.

I want to install Dinger65's when it arrives and just curious as to the size of the interior components for placement and possible fabrication into area's.

Will be taking care of all the cracks and crevices in the interior sheet metal - this is a no brainer and well as the need to insulate with a good quality heat resistant material (already have this stuff).

post some pics

dinger65

a/c

Not sure if you received pm. My buddy Zout has almost finished the insulation/seal of the cab and is ready to install a/c unit. Please contact me for final arrangements. Thanks again. Bud

zout

PM'd you also this morning - been waiting for a communication back - Dinger65 will be getting one from you (if we can contact you) as I have his cab almost completed with sound/heating insulation.

Dodge man

OK guys it's been nearly two months. Surely someone had made some progress on installing one of these so let's here some details and see some pictures, I'm considering buying one of these so even if you're not finished I'd like to see how the installations are going!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got as far as the compressor, see my post "M915 A/C Install". The slab condenser goes in in front of the radiator tomorrow.

zout

Dinger65's kit will be getting shipped within the next week.

As mentioned I am getting his cab insulated and sound resistant - it will be within means and not going totally overkill - but will be pretty decent.

When the kit arrives and I start the install I will take pics of what we do with it on the M109A3's.

*The pics will be posted under my going thread under members rides as this is part of our build and fitting to keep the info there.

From just looking the pics of the kit - and then getting a "physical" hand on them for size and placement I have considered placing the evaporator/ducted unit between the seats near the rearward cab structure (just a matter of running different length lines to achieve this) will see when the kit gets here and what will be the best mount.
Will post pics and try not to leave anything out, to give an idea of how we want to mount them (condensor and compressor are a no brainer as these have to be where designed) (but I may fabricate an additional compressor bracket/mount) for better stability and longevity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks