• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I did it .. I bought a deuce..then another

Damus

After looking on the web for close to a year and dreaming of the ultimate truck I got the permission of "she who will be obeyed" aka my adult leadership to purchase a deuce. We drove out to Louisville, KY and I drove her (the Deuce) back to home base on the eastern shore of Maryland. A 700 mile journey, and I think I still have the imprint from every bump, pothole, and and rumble strip on my backside. The wife and kid love it. As a matter of fact we loved it so much that we just purchased another Deuce from an SS member who happend to live not 20 mile from us (that would be the tan one in my avatar). I sold my 03 Chevy pick to a local dealer to get the cash. Bueatiful thing is I bought the Deuce and had money left over to buy stuff for the Deuces.

I have been checking out the SS site for a while and have found it to be a most valuable tool. Only problem is I find so many interesting things I often losse track of what I was looking for. :p

I just finished motor oil and filter change on the green/camo deuce. I found some things which I questions about. I have included pic's, since I am not yet familiar with identifing all the parts.

While on my back I noticed what looked to be one of two 3/4" plugs plugs missing. Should this be? Is it critical? What it for?

What I assume to be the fuel pump, with the six lines running to the injectors, the black seal/spacer material is missing around where the lines exit. Critical?

And last but not least the small tube on top of the brake master cylinder has been disconected. What would be the reason for this? I see that the line runs to a "T" fitting and would assume that the factorty had done this for a reason.

All information is greatly appriciated.... the maddess has struck... it's good to be here.:wink:

missing plug.jpg

fuel.jpg

brake 1.jpg

brake3.jpg

dittle

The plugs missing are vents for the clutch housing. When you go in deep water you take the plug right beside it out of its storage locations (where it currenlty is in your picture) and put it in the bottom of the housing.

Not sure on the IP question.

The line on the MC is a vent, it is a good idea to hook it up if you plan on doing any deep water driving or to keep dust out. Its not required but is a good idea to have hooked up.

63sierra10

dittle said it all and I will add the IP deal. Those rubber caps are to keep dirt and debris out of the grooves of the fittings so they don't corrode and to make sure they are clean during any kind of service work.

Damus

Sounds like I should invest in some. Does anyone know what TM I would find the info on replacing and where would be a good place to find the caps?

63sierra10

I am not sure where to find them new but you may find some from somebody parting one out. They have a split down the side to put them on. Browse the resources section and it should be in there. I am not sure of the TM number to be of more help to you. Memphis Equipment may have them.

Last edited:

dittle

Thank you for the info. Is that the gunny w/you in your avatar?
No problem and welcome to the site. Yes that is the Gunny in my avatar. I was on the show "Lock and Load" on the History Channel with him last year. Was on the tanks episode driving an M60A3 over a Caddy. Do a search on youtube for "Lock and Load Tanks" episodes 4 and 5.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The master cyl is a upgrade with the one way vent on it. Leave it alone or you will have to split the vent line from the T as per PM's from the fuel line vent line. If you look the T should join the two so if you don't trust the one way valve then you must run another line from master cyl to top of fire wall to with a U put in it and a one way valve in the end. No splits in rubber caps but it is a good idea to spray under them now and once and a while with penertrating oil so the injector line might come if you need it to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks