• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A Mobility question

panzerjunky

Good evening Gents
My question is or should I say dilemma is I have a MEP004A on a M200A trailer my issue is I can back it with my M35 almost all the way to its final resting point but have to push it the last 15 to 20 feet or so but as we know when you disconnect the emergency brake line the brakes lock this is no good when trying to push ( That darn thing is heavy enough) so can I put a 1/4 turn ball valve on the port at the end of the tank and 90 down to the ground with some Ip pipe and fittings this way i can bleed down the tank release the brake and move the trailer. Dose anyone see a potential problem with that?
next question what is the tongue weight on the above mentioned setup.
last question ( on this topic anyway) is there any device either commercially made or home made for that matter that can be placed under the landing plate with some kind of a jack or lever system so wheels can be place under the landing jack pad so we can roll this pig without having to lift the tongue by hand.? I just seem to recall seeing something like this at a trailer shop somewhere.
Thanks Jerry

Green_gator

Are you moving it around on hard stand or grass/dirt? I am not sure on the tongue weight for the 200 but you can find a heavy duty furniture dolly that could handle weight over 1,000 for well under $100, drop it onto that and roll it around if you are on concrete. This is one reason I like the M353 so much, with the two small wheels at the front corners I can move it around more easily then any of the other deuce sized trailers. It may be worth your effort to look for one of them

FREDS

If you air up the service line last, I believe the air brakes will stay in the off position on the trailer when you disxonnect it from the deuce. Whether the brakes lock when you disconnect depends on which line you disconnect first, at least on my trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks