• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wow, EUC Approval Already!

bottleworks

My EUC has just been approved!!

- 3/21/06 I won the Deuce. I submitted my EUC that night.
- 4/3/06 GL finally said that I messed up filling out the EUC.
- 4/4/06 They got my new one and sent it to DRMS.
- 4/18/06 I got my EUC APPROVAL!

Only 14 days. I have never done an EUC before. Nor any-other background check before (No, I don't buy guns or whatnot). I am not ready for this. I figured at least a month before approval. I have been building a large scale biodiesel "production plant" behind my house. I am just putting the finishing touches on it, let alone producing biodiesel yet. Wow, two weeks from now, I could be driving a 1968 M35A2 W/W.

So, beyond the suggest items in the forum sticky, are there any-other suggestions for items/tools/supplies to bring when I take delivery on the Deuce??

Bradley

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=756131

Desert Rat

Nice score Brad! I see prices are increasing dramatically though no thanks to GL. Plan on the fuel being bad and needing to drain it. If there is a sour smell to the fuel it's bad. Other than that enjoy it to the hilt!!!!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Congrats! That was a very fast EUC approval. My first one took months. The next one you buy will only take 2 weeks at most, if you buy another one. Looks like you got a nice truck, enjoy!!!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I started that truck in September. Sounded good.

Man, that low air pressure buzzer is noisy!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike I hope yours gets approved really soon, I have a winch right up near DRMO JAX that I need to fetch.

deuceman51

I am looking at getting a deuce though GL soon and was wondering what I all have to go though with paperwork? They say that no SF97 is given or title. What is the SF97 and how does that hurt me? What is an EUC? I've always bid on gsaauctions and they were nice to deal with, but i've heard that GL aren't quite as nice. Is there a delay with getting your truck or do you pick it up and then do some of the other paperwork? Thanks.

devilman96

GL is a err ummm.... let just say im not gonna say anything nice..

End Users Certificate, read up about them on the GL site...

No SF97 or title... Make SURE your state will allow you to title a vehicle with a Bill of Sale ONLY... Or be prepaired to whisper sweet nothings in someones ear whom lives in a state that can process your paper work into a title for you...

Lastly do a search, there is more information on all of the above hidden away on the site... >>>> http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search

bottleworks

devilman96 said:
No SF97 or title... Make SURE your state will allow you to title a vehicle with a Bill of Sale ONLY... Or be prepaired to whisper sweet nothings in someones ear whom lives in a state that can process your paper work into a title for you...

Yea, that is also an issue I am dealing with. Has anyone gotten a title application completed in GA with just a bill of sale? I know they accept bill of sale for older trucks (like a 1968 truck -Just as an example).
What is GA's DMV process titling with only a bill of sale? Do they want to see the truck in person and verify the VIN? Is it a simple B.o.s. and it's done? Do they have "instant titles". NC just started offering the fast/instant titles for those who can't wait. I have a uncle in GA that is helping me resolve my titling issues. I just want to know what hoops we will be jumping through.

rdixiemiller

You can get a tag in Ga. with a bill of sale, but you can't get a title as far as I know. The vehicle needs to be 25 years old, I believe.

Most states will allow you to get registered and get a tag if you have a bill of sale and tag receipt from a non title state (Ga, pre 1981 as we speak). Check with your local DMV.

rdixiemiller

Are you planning on driving home? Or are you going to trailer the truck?
If you are driving, may I suggest you bring a top!
I made a tow bar that will pull a Nissan pickup (88-99) or so behind my deuce. I drove my Nissan to Montgomery, and pulled it back behind my deuce when I bought it. If you want to go that route, you can have the towbar. I live close enough to go up there and help you whan you get ready to make the pickup.

bottleworks

I do plan to drive it home. My new top from GMA shipped yesterday, so I should be covered up. A coworker, my wife, and I are driving down to get it May 11th. My wife will drive behind the deuce all the way home. Because three of us are making the trip, we can't tow one home. :( We are leaving post work on Wednesday the 10th. Then picking up the deuce on the 11th. Go through the entire truck Thursday. On Friday, we will get an early start and make the slow/long drive home.

I am worried about my plan of getting my uncle's assistance with acquiring a title. I have been reading the title manual for GA, and I think your right. Looks like I can't get a title. Maybe I should beg GL for an SF97? I surely paid enough for this truck. The only way to do it without an SF97 in NC would be by bond. I don't want to do that at all.

Someone helping out who has actually worked on one of these would be great!! I have never had to work on anything with air over hyro brakes. I think we are going to go to the base @ 9 AM.

rdixiemiller

I may be able to take off that day and help you get the truck ready. I'm not an expert on the deuce by any means, but I can find my way around one without any trouble.
I'll see if I can make you up a muffler bracket.

rice

Ga will register it with a bill of sale. But to get a title on an old vehicle in Ga you have to have a title to start with. But if you register it with a bill of sale and buy a tag(which requires insurance) then your uncle can give you a bill of sale and the tag receipt to title it in NC. I've done this in SC with Ga paperwork with no problems. Just go to your NC DMV and ask them what you need to get from Ga for a vehicle with no title due to its age.

wsucougarx

WOW!!! Submitted my EUC today at 0630 hrs. Got confirmation of the receipt of my EUC and other docs at 0745 hrs. Sent off the Battle Creek aleady. This could mean only one thing. The dwindling supply of EUC required items:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks