• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintainence tent frame

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just picked up my maint tent frame (thanks DEUCE-C0UPE AND PCTRANS) today and I need a manual with the instructions for erecting it.

Until I get my new shop built this should keep me out of the sun and rain.

Anybody have one or know a source???

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are these the half-round tents covered in vinyl? Shirleys Surplus just south of Atlanta in Barnesville has dozens of them for sale. I am guessing he has the manual or spare parts for them.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Speddmon.....the frame is still in a pile in the back of the deuce.....might take a while to find as FSN or NSN.

Jim.....it is that type type tent....the only one I ever helped put up had canvas and was a real PITA to set up. We had a 4K rough terrain fork lift that made the job a lot easier.
I have been to Shirley's place....he was real proud of the ones he had but to be fair they were new in the box.

Matt....I'll do some snooping and pooping on that site and see if they have it.

Thanks to all for the input.

My plan is to set it up on a concrete slab and cover it with metal.....like the old Quonset Huts. It is supposed to be 20X32 so there would be room for a big vehicle in there.

emr

Please anyone let me know of any for sale I need parts desperatly, Had a cave in with the big snow....... the joints snapped like popsicle sticks,

emr

The directions as u probably already know are very well placed on all the canvas or vinyl, i know U do not have any of that, oh well, I will say it is a 3 person job that is what I did the couple of times I set up and then moved mine, once the first one is straight up and the second is up putting in the conector bars is really not bad, good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be advised he can be a little different, you may catch him on one of his "off" days.:roll:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again it all depends on how you catch him. I bought my M48 for $750 but he wanted $150 for a drivers door window that Clinto wanted.

DUECE-COUPE

If I had known you needed the TM, i would have sent it with the tent frame. i might be persuaded to come up and help you put it up, if i am out of a job in the not too distant future.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
[QUOTE i might be persuaded to come up and help you put it up, if i am out of a job in the not too distant future. ][/QUOTE]

It may be a while before it goes up.....I have to pour a slab to set it up on......since I am financially disenfranchised right now it ain't happening soon.

I have thought about bringing it to the GA rally but people would hate me after we got through putting it up.

That being said I have helped put one up one time and it is a PITA without a forklift (we had it halfway up before we remembered we had a 4000 pound rough terrain FL sitting on a trailer a few feet away:doh:)

I have plenty of room for visitors.....also have a nice creek running through the place and a place for a cookout.

southdave

Anyone that scraps out usable parts for these should go to jail. These tents are great.
Well after some research, I found that in Ohio now I have to take out bldg permitt to erect on and than be assets on my real state taxes ect . heck until last year we no zoning laws or bldg dept for that matter. The east coast gubberment shake down policies have arrived in rual Ohio. I thought we fought some war to end this sort of treatment lol As temp shelter there are a litney of laws making it impossible to install in a non ag capsitiy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks