• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 brake troubleshooting?

JL628

I have 3 Dueces, One with working brakes and 2 with non working brakes. One of the non working brakes has no brake pedal until its about half way to the floor then I start getting pedal resistance but it still goes all the way to the floor. When I look underneath the truck, which I just got from GovLiquidation a couple of months ago, both the master cylinder and the airpack both look brand new.

Is there a troubleshooting chart somewhere I could start with? I have good airpressure and the truck runs well. Any suggestions would be helpful.

AceHigh

Lots of threads on this. Bleeding is most likely needed. When you look into the master cylinder, is it full?

A few members have built auto-bleeding devices out of garden sprayers.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have 3 trucks you need to spend $50 for a Motive pressure bleeder. It will be the best investment you could make. Makes bleeding brakes a one person job. Remember to start at the airpack then go to the far rear, and work from there.:wink:

JL628

Thanks, this helps. I ordered a Motive power bleeder. I am familiar with regular hydraulic brakes, but I'm just not sure about the air/hydraulic brakes on the deuce.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't have fluid already, order at least a gallon. I believe muttparts.com has it for just over $30 a gallon. (Front line and Spruce Mountain also have good deals) If you get it from an auto parts place you will pay a heck of alot more than that for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks