• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling all SS members.....

gunner01

Tomorrow 3/15/10 @04:10 will be the 1 yr anniversary of our youngest member and our SS angel to have passed away. She was loved by many of our SS members and her name went around the world with many people placing her in their prayers. She lived well past the time the doctors said she would. The doctors gave her only 0-4 months to live but with her strong determination and will she lived to the age of 14 1/2 months. When I would hold her in my arms and be in the mess tent talking to many, when the old air horn would sound she would get a bigg smile on her little face. So in honor of this little girl who is loved by many of you, gunner01 is making a special request. Throughout the day tomorrow please take time to sound your horns in memory of this little angel and when people ask why you are doing it please tell them it was in her honor. Mercydez Haws your grandpa (gunner01 ) salutes you. May God keep you safe...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tommorow at noon...I'm gonna have 15 wrecker drivers blowing air horns in Columbus, Georgia and MB said she will go out to the carport and sound her horn.

That little Angel...Mercydez was an armor clad troop and put up a fight I know I could never match!

God took her home because He knew she is a special troop and I will always remember her.

ABN173

Tomorrow morning is our maintenance day to PMCS all of our vehicles, so we will conduct a 0900 sound-off of our horns here at FT Lewis to coincide with Papabears wreckers in Columbus, GA

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I remember the nightly updates Gunner would post in the chat...or by PM or email. I, and MB had the highest hopes for a hard fighting American...and a super SS Warrior.
She burned a permanent place in my heart with her drive and will to accomplish the mission even though she was too young to understand what the mission was.

When she went "Home" a part of us was gone...but never forgotten.

I hope that Chris or Mangus will see this post and maybe see a need for a "Fallen Member" tab or something so that as long as the site exists...Fighting Warriors like Mercydez and Armyman30yrsplus will stay up close and personal in our minds and hearts.

I know I miss them both....and never met either of them.

Attachments

timberline

On the road and spent the night at Flying J! Decided to connect and check SS site, your post caught my attention!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. Our M109Rv will sound off at 12:00 noon!

ARYankee

I'll do what I can to honor your wish. Being a father of 3 and another on the way, it really tugs at your heart to hear of such losses. May she always stay close to your heart.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shared this with my cemetery coworkers..... and at noon this cemetery was very loud in memory of one particular little angel.

Blessed are the children who arrive at the Pearly Gates so innocent and pure, never having sinned, and never being denied entry through those Heavenly Gates.

Amen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks